LuaDoc for LOVE

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
MarekkPie
Inner party member

LuaDoc for LOVE

Post by MarekkPie »

So I just stumbled upon the Koneki project and LDT and it's looking like a really nice, true IDE for Lua. There's also a beta for code completion that uses LuaDoc files to read from. It's got a sample of what LOVE's API would look like, but it is severely lacking. Are there some community LuaDocs lying around? If not, is it possible to generate them from the C-based source code?
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Re: LuaDoc for LOVE

Post by TechnoCat »

Lua in Eclipse looks pretty slick.
And LuaDoc on C++ code doesn't make sense.

LuaDoc just uses special comments above functions and in other locations that can be parsed into documentation.
http://keplerproject.github.com/luadoc/manual.html
MarekkPie
Inner party member

Post by MarekkPie »

I decided to start improving his LuaDoc. Made a GitHub repo in case anyone else wants to contribute. I've added all the main callbacks and completed the audio/event/filesystem/font modules already, and got the graphics module set up. If you'd like to contribute, you can find the LuaDoc code here.
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

Big problem with LuaDoc and most all the derivatives is that it has a locked in path.

For example, if I have my code installed in Love/Project/Code, luaDoc will list this full path in the output files instead of the more relative and logical path. It's really annoying to have to move everything to root just so the output doesn't look stupid.