I just cannot open Love.exe

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
tentus
Inner party member

Re: I just cannot open Love.exe

Post by tentus »

I forget that people install Love- I always use the "portable" exe. Generally speaking the less a program insists on messing with my computer, the happier I am. If I want a filetype to be associated, I'll associate it myself. I realize that's a me thing, but still, it's one of the reasons I use Love, it doesn't do more than it needs to do.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

So, with all the distractions:
tom282f3 wrote:Hello guys, here is my problem:
What exactly fails? Is it some Windows error message? Do you get a blue screen in the LÖVE window? Does it only run the no-game screen?

Just saying "FAIL" means we can't help you.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
vernon
Prole

Post by vernon »

I rather post my problem here than open a new thread.

I work on a love project, and i want to make a shortcut for love.exe in the project's folder with the folder's path as parameter.
That should open my project nicely.
I find both the dragging method and opening from the cmd.exe method clunky, and I use total commander anyways which doesnt let the drag method work.

But for some reason, the shortcut parameter doesn't work. When I try other parameters, like --console, those work. But the folder path doesn't.
This is the target for my shortcut:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\LOVE\love.exe" c:\Users\Imi\PROGRAMMING\LOVE stuff\phys_draw\

What am I doing wrong?
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

vernon wrote:I rather post my problem here than open a new thread.
Please open a separate thread.
When I write def I mean function.
rokit boy
Party member

Post by rokit boy »

I work on a love project, and i want to make a shortcut for love.exe in the project's folder with the folder's path as parameter.
I find both the dragging method and opening from the cmd.exe method clunky, and I use total commander anyways which doesnt let the drag method work.

But for some reason, the shortcut parameter doesn't work. When I try other parameters, like --console, those work. But the folder path doesn't.
"C:\Program Files (x86)\LOVE\love.exe" c:\Users\Imi\PROGRAMMING\LOVE stuff\phys_draw\

What am I doing wrong?

Code: Select all

START "C:\Program Files (x86)\LOVE\love.exe" .
should work
u wot m8
vernon
Prole

Post by vernon »

kikito wrote:
Please open a separate thread.
ok sir. I obey
vernon
Prole

Post by vernon »

rokit boy wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

should work
if i put start in the target of the shortcut it doesnt even work as a shortcut anymore. maybe i misunderstood it?
rokit boy
Party member

Post by rokit boy »

vernon wrote:
rokit boy wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

should work
if i put start in the target of the shortcut it doesnt even work as a shortcut anymore. maybe i misunderstood it?
make a bat file where all the .lua and all the other files are, then put this in it:

START "C:\Program Files (x86)\LOVE\love.exe" "".
u wot m8