I'm human?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
BMRX
Prole

I'm human?

Post by BMRX »

I don't understand why my topic was denied... I truly am a real human.. Mind telling me how I can go about proving this?

This is rather rude of you folks, why bother with captcha's or email verification if you're just going to go through every post asking if someone is human? I'm rather miffed at you.

Please explain your actions, and how I can go about appeasing the great moderating gods of the Love2D forum.
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: I'm human?

Post by Nixola »

Since we got some spambots who actually seemed human, I think that the mods are a bit harsher now
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

BMRX wrote:why bother with captcha's or email verification if you're just going to go through every post asking if someone is human?
It's only one post you need accepted (like this one), and it's because of excessive spam. Spamming is so advanced these days, that if someone posts a generic message, we can't tell whether someone is a human or not. Hence this reason.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Welcome to the forums. Here is a picture for you. :)

Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
BMRX
Prole

Post by BMRX »

Wow there actually is activity here... Well now I feel like an ass.

Thank you kindly all. (And I apologize for my asshattery)

EDIT/
I shall then properly introduce myself!

I am BMRX, I enjoy graphic design... I'm self taught, and the only graphic related program that I know how to use is photoshop... Which I am starting to realize is a darned shame...

I came upon love2D a while back, I lurked here and tried to learn... I've never been great with code. But I've always for as long as I can remember wanted to design and develop my own games. I have written countless stories/plots and drawn out a large amount of "game maps" as to how my games would work and be played but never made the step up into getting something done.

Now that I'm older and more patient I decided to start with 2D games, my main goal was to find a easy to learn programming language. LUA/LOVE seemed to be the best bet. So here I am.

I have the utmost basic understanding of love... By that I mean, I got as far as "Hello World!" then stopped studying due to some life issues.

I am now back, hoping to start anew and this time be a active and hopefully contributing member of this community. It really tickles my heart to see that there is in fact activity here still.

Hi! Thanks for believing in my humanity. :)
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Welcome! :)

I'm looking forward to seeing some of your projects in the future.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Let me just say that if you were one of us "spam moderators", you'd understand when you see how many spam topics are actually waiting for us to deny. For some reason this forum is really popular with at least one spam company. 95% of the members in our member list are fake accounts. We like to make sure you're real before welcoming you with open arms. If you're flesh and blood, here's a hug. Welcome!
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Isn't there some way to cull the database on un-approved accounts? To take new accounts out of the cull just check for register dates x time ago.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Jasoco wrote: For some reason this forum is really popular with at least one spam company
And the reason isn't so unknown. Love as Romance are usually key terms for the always popular Personal Ads and Sex market(ing). Same way a lot of people enter #Love thinking that is a place for something else.
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

Welcome human.

Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push