Advanced Tile Loader- empty tiles

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
luaz
Citizen

Advanced Tile Loader- empty tiles

Post by luaz »

Since indexing is impossible if the tile is empty (giving you an error), what to do with them? My plans include parallax scrolling, which says "no blocks for background." And even if that is somehow possible through the use of multiple layers in Tiled (but I'm not aware of a way to do it), I wouldn't be able to use SpriteBatches. (whatever that is, I just know that it improves performance. :awesome: )
If you're going to reply to my post, consider posting an (preferably working) example - 99.7% of time time, I already know how to implement the feature theoretically! ;) I don't learn very well from references, etc....
SudoCode
Citizen

Re: Advanced Tile Loader- empty tiles

Post by SudoCode »

Use a transparent tile.
luaz
Citizen

Post by luaz »

SudoCode wrote:Use a transparent tile.
I had that thought, but isn't that heavy on performance? Especially on video memory.
If you're going to reply to my post, consider posting an (preferably working) example - 99.7% of time time, I already know how to implement the feature theoretically! ;) I don't learn very well from references, etc....
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Only one way to find out... ;)
Help us help you: attach a .love.