Cowboy 'game'

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
paritybit
Citizen

Cowboy 'game'

Post by paritybit »

This isn't super exciting (to anybody but my son, really), but since I'd asked some questions about it and gotten help from the community, I thought I'd post the 'finished' product. You could call it my first finished game though it's certainly not salable. There's no way to win, no way to lose -- just pass the time by shooting some cans and bottles. It was really inspired by this post, my son's cowboy phase, and a desire to try some of the concepts I needed to understand for the other project I'm working on.
cowboy.png
cowboy.png (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2144 times
Anyway, thanks for all the help. It's been finished for a while, except for the ability to scale to smaller resolutions. I fixed that (generally) but didn't make it fancy -- I only included widescreen resolutions in the choice and there's no ability to use fullscreen or set any other options. I know how, I just don't feel the need this time.
Attachments
cowboy.love
(2.8 MiB) Downloaded 168 times
Nixola
Inner party member

Re: Cowboy 'game'

Post by Nixola »

It's quite nice actually, I couldn't find any bug or even imperfection and I enjoyed playing it :awesome:
Do you know that you could use love.graphics.getModes to receive a table with every resolution supported by the user?
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
paritybit
Citizen

Post by paritybit »

Nixola wrote:It's quite nice actually, I couldn't find any bug or even imperfection and I enjoyed playing it :awesome:
Do you know that you could use love.graphics.getModes to receive a table with every resolution supported by the user?
Thanks!

Yeah, I figured it a little after I made the list myself. I just never felt a need to change it. Maybe someday when I'm bored.
timmeh42
Citizen

Post by timmeh42 »

Haha have you noticed that, if you aim your cursor near the cowboy's shoulders, you can get the arms to do some very funky things? :P
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

@paritybit good work! :D
timmeh42 wrote:Haha have you noticed that, if you aim your cursor near the cowboy's shoulders, you can get the arms to do some very funky things? :P
Looks good too :D
Last edited by qaisjp on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lua is not an acronym.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

I like the visual style here!