Untilted Game (Jan 1GAM entry)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Dattorz
Citizen

Untilted Game (Jan 1GAM entry)

Post by Dattorz »

So I basically spent the second half of January working on a game for OneGameAMonth (the first half I spent working on and off on my vastly unfinished LOVE-based engine/framework) and managed to churn out this ridiculously short puzzle game:

It's one of those dumb sliding puzzles. This time you have to match the two boards by painting the floor tiles with the paintballs given to you.

Source code: https://github.com/dattorz/1gam-01-tilt-artist

.LOVE file download:
untilted-game-v1-r1.love
Untilted Game 1.0
(1.8 MiB) Downloaded 147 times
--------------------------------
Release notes:
--------------------------------

This is the initial release as of 1/31/2013. The game includes only twenty levels. I may or may not add some more at a later date.

One of my testers couldn't find the key to start the game, so I'm putting it in these release notes. You need to press Enter to make your selection on the main menu.

The game should adapt correctly to any display resolution, but is optimized for 1920x1080.

LOVE (0.8) has a very annoying memory leak where every new audio source it creates causes the process to eat an additional megabyte of memory without ever giving it back. This shouldn't cause any issues for this game unless you press F2 a whole bunch...

If you ever need/want to backup or delete your save data, it is located in your user data folder, under the subfolders love/untilted-game/ . On Linux the full path is typically ~/.local/share/love/untilted-game/ . You can edit this file and cheat. Frankly I don't care. Encrypting/obfuscating save data is stupid and chances are if you wanted to have a fully solved game save you'd probably just copy your friend's save anyway.
Larsii30
Party member

Re: Untilted Game (Jan 1GAM entry)

Post by Larsii30 »

Hey,

pretty cool game. :)

The effects and the selection menu look pretty good. The gameplay with two balls was challanging and
looks very smooth. Also the music matches the look and feel of the game.
I dislike your selected font :D looks to ... normal ! and sometimes is missing some parts of the letters / numbers.

Good job.