What's your favorite LOVE creation?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
coffee
Party member

Re: What's your favorite LOVE creation?

Post by coffee »

Current screenshots in main page aren't very "appetitive" or show really LOVE potential. Maybe some of that games talked here could have a screenshot in main page or have instead a "See examples of games made with LOVE" with direct link to
http://love2d.org/wiki/Category:Games

Nothing against the authors but anyway that list should get ridden of halted/not working/very unfinished/(not) In Progress games like The King and the Crown (not working/stopped in 2010!) or Astropatrolonium (it's not even working).

EDITED: To promote LOVE shouldn´t be a blog page too with news, RSS, and occasional game portfolio show?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

coffee wrote: EDITED: To promote LOVE shouldn´t be a blog page too with news, RSS, and occasional game portfolio show?
Problem being that nobody wants to update those.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

I think we should delete the terrible/broken link/old version games off the game page.

Edit: And ask the guy who made Not Tetris 2 and Ortho Robot if we can list his stuff on the page.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Tesselode wrote:I think we should delete the terrible/broken link/old version games off the game page.

Edit: And ask the guy who made Not Tetris 2 and Ortho Robot if we can list his stuff on the page.
And while we're at it, ask him what the status of Mari0 is.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Tesselode wrote:Edit: And ask the guy who made Not Tetris 2 and Ortho Robot if we can list his stuff on the page.
Those project are public and is a bit redundant ask for his permission for put a link to his page and a screenshot in Love project list. As a blogger/site also don't need ask for permission for make a review and link it. We aren't distributing or hosting or taking credits for any of his work. However we should announce to the authors that their games were included (as courtesy and for their honor I think).
Tesselode wrote:I think we should delete the terrible/broken link/old version games off the game page.
That is more ethical concerning. Who among us have the the moral to define what is "terrible" there. Old/Broken of course it's measurable. I think removing those stuff should be restricted to a couple of named page editors.

About the non-existance of an official blog well, I really think wouldn't take much for the website admins (or other guest) post a very occasional "Love 0.x was released" post or announce let say a project by week. It would be good PR for LOVE.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Well, go start a community blog. We don't think it's as simple as you represent it here.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Maybe they shouldn't be removed, but rather, swept off to a "Games that have not been updated to work on the latest version of Love" page?
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
clickrush
Citizen

Post by clickrush »

ortho bot is so addicting...
Sry about my english.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

clickrush wrote:ortho bot is so addicting...
yeah, ortho bot have really great gameplay and could have success if ported to Android and iOS. Seems tailored to finger "Axis change". However there is a lot of good LOVE games around.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

bartbes wrote:Well, go start a community blog.
I can stick together a blogspot for one of the admins with a custom layout real quick on his/her google account, then they could just give people authorships to it.
Dull but sincere filler.