gpu particle simulation

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
zorg
Party member

Re: gpu particle simulation

Post by zorg »

Win7, canvases & shaders supported, nvidia gpus, the error message was that "cameraViewMat" didn't exists, a common error being defining a variable but not using it.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: gpu particle simulation

Post by pgimeno »

Skeiks wrote:I attempted to run this on my home PC and I received an error. I don't have the message handy but it mentioned that you have an unused variable in one of your shaders. It might just be a quirk of my specific video card but I've found that externs and variables that don't an impact the final pixel throw errors. When I get home I'll try it again and post the error if I still receive it. Maybe that's related to the weirdness pgimeno is getting?
I get that in both particles_no_alpha.love and particles_with_mouse.love:

Code: Select all

Error: main.lua:321: Variable 'cameraViewMat' does not exist.
A common error is to define but not use the variable.
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'send'
	main.lua:321: in function 'draw'
	[string "boot.lua"]:467: in function <[string "boot.lua"]:435>
	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
Yes, I usually get those when an external variable is optimized out. [Edit: Commenting out lines 321 and 323 in particles_no_alpha.love suffices to make it past that part. This seems unrelated to the problem I and Ref are having.]

The black screen problem happens while running the OP's ink-dr-p downloaded from github.