Mario Kart thing (Tero Kart)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Banoticus
Citizen

Re: Mario Kart thing

Post by Banoticus »

Looks like it will a very big success!
EBI:(even better if)
The Player was slower
It feels like I am flying over the track

Overall Very Cool
retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

Big update, see first post. I can't add too much before reaching the limit of my math and coding skills.
headchant
Party member

Post by headchant »

wow this is great. the current .love seems to be broken? (module 'TESound' not found...)
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

retrotails wrote:Big update, see first post. I can't add too much before reaching the limit of my math and coding skills.
I'm liking. I still have plans to do someday a over-the-top racing game also using same getPixel obstacle image technique but my game will never be so great as yours fake 3d one is evolving. Only thing that I don't like till now is that the kart clashs seems like pinball. :D
This is a very nice work!
Strange but I had to uncompress your love to play it (dragging instead the folder to love). Not even repackging to another love file works.
juno
Citizen

Post by juno »

So good to see people keeping the old school mariokart spirit going...such a great game. Clone is sweet!
wat ya mean she's in another castle!?
retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

coffee wrote: Strange but I had to uncompress your love to play it (dragging instead the folder to love). Not even repackging to another love file works.
The filesystem in ZIPs is case sensitive but Windows is not, and I had it require TEsound.lua when there was only TESound.lua. Fixed it.
retrotails
Party member

Post by retrotails »

I wanted to test big maps with the same 2048*2048 res but scaled up, so I present to you the Nürburgring! It's unfinished and I'll never go any farther but its kinda neat. Feel free to make your own maps.
edit: Sorry for the double post. I added the stripped-down scanline renderer to the main post.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Very nice visual effects. Shame that the operation of the kart is so frustrating. (You can't let go of the "up" key if you want to have any speed, but steering works badly at higher speeds, so you end up in the grass, where you go so slow, it's even more frustrating. And if you get a nice straight piece, you go all turbo which looks nice, but makes the steering even worse, so you end up way deep in the grass, making my frustration even worse.)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

retrotails wrote:I wanted to test big maps with the same 2048*2048 res but scaled up, so I present to you the Nürburgring! It's unfinished and I'll never go any farther but its kinda neat. Feel free to make your own maps.
edit: Sorry for the double post. I added the stripped-down scanline renderer to the main post.
It's working nicely. I agree with Robin, getting out of road is very frustrating. You could tweak obstacle values. Because grass walking reacts as if was sand walking.
richapple
Citizen

Post by richapple »

Wow, It's getting better! I completely agree, The orientation is kind of messed up and grass is really annoying, but it's a WIP and it can be forgiven :)
That motion blur is awesome and it definitely needs to be in game!

Also, I don't have much experience on that topic but I think it will be cool if we'll be able to use scaling down mode with mipmaps