LÖVE Turtle library, like in BASIC languages

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
pieguy275
Prole

LÖVE Turtle library, like in BASIC languages

Post by pieguy275 »

I wrote a small series of functions that can act as a turtle, much like the one in BASIC languages. It has 11 total commands, they are:

turtle(angle, length)

up(length)

down(length)

left(length)

right(length)

downRight(length)

downLeft(length)

upRight(length)

upLeft(length)

setX( xValue)

setY( yValue)

Download
An explanation on what each one does can be found in the file itself, which will have an example included on how to use each command. The example can and source be found here. The library is named turtle.lua, and the example on usage is in the main.lua file.

This was not meant to be used in games, but to be used in fractals. It still can used in games though. Feedback would be appreciated!
Lafolie
Inner party member

Re: LÖVE Turtle library, like in BASIC languages

Post by Lafolie »

A friendly tip: upload your script/.love to the thread using the attachment system and/or check out applications like Bitbucket or Github.

I remember using a hardware version of Turtle programs when I was a kid. I remember toying with a software one too. This is good for learning, though I haven't looked at the source properly.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.