Zombie Baseball

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
middlerun
Citizen

Zombie Baseball

Post by middlerun »

Here's a sneak peek at something I'm working on. A first-person shooter/baseball simulation with zombies.

Some of the 3D stuff is a bit dodgy since the zombies are just 2D images and LÖVE can't do perspective transformations on images (as far as I know), so I had to kind of fake it and there's still a few bugs with that.

Much more to come, hopefully.
Attachments
zombiebaseball.love
(1.26 MiB) Downloaded 445 times
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Re: Zombie Baseball

Post by nevon »

Holy crap! :|

I'm speechless.
Chief
Party member

Post by Chief »

Awesome! :D
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

O_O

osome
When I write def I mean function.
SoggyWaffles
Citizen

Post by SoggyWaffles »

WOW! I can't wait to what all you can do with this. Did you use ray casting? or plan to?
"Beneath the clouds lives the Earth-Mother from whom is derived the Water of Life, who at her bosom feeds plants, animals and men." ~Larousse
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

Very cool stuff, I'm looking forward to the next edition! A few little requests/suggestions:

- Perhaps just at the beginning, a little box telling you the controls
- An fps counter that you can enable would be cool (yeah, I'm one of those guys)
- I highly recommend breaking your code into multiple files. It makes it easier to manage and will help you keep your code organized internally.
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

The game randomly closes (no error message), for no reason that I can fathom.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Piggles
Prole

Post by Piggles »

It crashes with no error when I try to whack a zombie. But very cool otherwise!
middlerun
Citizen

Post by middlerun »

Thanks for the feedback guys. :ultraglee:
SoggyWaffles wrote:WOW! I can't wait to what all you can do with this. Did you use ray casting? or plan to?
Not using ray casting right now, maybe in the future.
tentus wrote:Very cool stuff, I'm looking forward to the next edition! A few little requests/suggestions:
- Perhaps just at the beginning, a little box telling you the controls
- An fps counter that you can enable would be cool (yeah, I'm one of those guys)
- I highly recommend breaking your code into multiple files. It makes it easier to manage and will help you keep your code organized internally.
I'll probably do all these things, this is a very early prototype so only a small fraction of the game is there.
Taehl wrote:The game randomly closes (no error message), for no reason that I can fathom.
Piggles wrote:It crashes with no error when I try to whack a zombie. But very cool otherwise!
Very odd. If it happens when you swing the bat it might have something to do with sound. Does it happen when you shoot too? (You can switch to the gun using the scroll wheel if you didn't notice that.) Try commenting out the lines in main.lua that call love.audio.newSource() and see if it still crashes. What OS are you guys on?
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Now that you mention it, it looks like it crashes about six seconds after I swing the bat or shoot the gun. I hear the sounds just fine, though. I'm in Win7 Pro x64.

Also, isn't that shooting sound from Half-Life 2?...
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.