Dove: A Love2D fork.

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
vrld
Party member

Re: Dove: A Love2D fork.

Post by vrld »

DevBug wrote:Added more control over alpha blending. Use love.graphics.setBlendFunc(src, dest) and love.graphics.getBlendFunc(). See the blending example.
There has been some talk about this in the issue tracker: Issue 98. The consesus seems to be that this is too low level.
DevBug wrote:Changed love.graphics.clear() to add support for love.graphics.clear(r, g, b, a)
What's wrong with setBackgroundColor? Especially since most of the time love.graphics.clear() isn't used anyway...
DevBug wrote:Add support for video playback
This has been on the wish-list a long time. Go for it! :)
DevBug wrote:Add support for shaders
Also on the wishlist, and already quite sofisticated: Bitbucket repo, forum thread.
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
DevBug
Prole

Re: Dove: A Love2D fork.

Post by DevBug »

vrld wrote: There has been some talk about this in the issue tracker: Issue 98. The consesus seems to be that this is too low level.
Yes, I know that having something too low-level is feared. I think that more control over alpha blending is a good thing, I'm going change it up quite a bit
vrld wrote:What's wrong with setBackgroundColor? Especially since most of the time love.graphics.clear() isn't used anyway...
I'm going to change that, I'm moving it into the frame buffer and using the background color.
vrld wrote:This has been on the wish-list a long time. Go for it! :)
I've looked at libraries and have decided to go with SMPEG; it looks like I'll have to maintain my own copy of it due to performance issues, the inability to skip to previous frames, etc.
vrld wrote:]Also on the wishlist, and already quite sofisticated: Bitbucket repo, forum thread.
Yes, I was told that you were working on adding shaders, I'll take a look at what you've got done and see if I can help :)