LOVE Cheat Sheet (1.0)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Re: LOVE Cheat Sheet

Post by BlackBulletIV »

I'm trying out both italic and a grey tone. I think only one of those will be not noticeable enough. What do you think?

EDIT: Oh yes, see the draw() function for the effect. I've only changed one so far.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

That's fine, but you may have to use a slightly darker tone when its displayed on the other backgrounds. Try it out and see.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Alright done. I've also made some other changes. The callbacks section is a lot better now (arguments, as well as a bit more description of love.quit - as suggested by Robin). I've added the MouseConstant enum, with a diagram of a mouse with the buttons labelled on it (excluding x1 and x2). But now what to do with this extra space... hmmm.

Edit for latest update: I've added love.timer one of the gaps, added a wee bit of artwork with knolls, stars and the infamous planet to fill the other one (it was really tiny anyway). Finally, I've improved the quality of the PDF.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

BlackBulletIV wrote:(excluding x1 and x2).
Fun fact: on my laptop, x1 and x2 are generated for horizontal scrolling. Dunno if it works the same with mouses with two extra buttons, though.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

That's odd. Are both x1 & x2 and wu & wd called?
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

BlackBulletIV wrote:That's odd. Are both x1 & x2 and wu & wd called?
No. wu and wd = vertical scrolling, x1 and x2 = horizontal scrolling.

It's organised this way:

Code: Select all

wu
x1    x2
   wd
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Oh, woops. Didn't take notice of the "horizontal" bit.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Is there any way for Löve to get the horizontal scrolling on my MacBook Pro? It doesn't seem to work. Up and Down work, but not Left and Right. And I have an awesome trackpad that would make scrolling in the games awesome.

I placed a print() statement in both the love.keypressed and love.mousepressed functions and it doesn't return anything for horizontal. This is pretty disappointing as a lot of mice do have horizontal wheels or the ability to scroll horizontally in some way or another.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Maybe your SDL version doesn't support X1 and X2?

And it would be neat, although it's best to find some way to do the same without horizontal scrolling, since not everyone has that.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Alright I've updated the cheat sheet quite a bit. Page 2 is near complete. I've added an "Events" section, which contains the Event enum and love.event. Second, since a number of people want more enums, I've included all the graphics enums! Enjoy!

Edit for most recent update: I've finished page 2 by adding the core classes (Object and Data). Page 3 is almost full too now. I've added all the data manipulation stuff, the joysticks, and the threads. I've also added the FileDecoder enum. I think everything's in there, except for physics, which will be a separate cheat sheet or at least page.

Suggestions on how to fill the bottom of page 3 anyone?