LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: LÖVELINESS a LÖVE Chrome Extension

Post by slime »

With the latest update (0.2), .loves fail to load with this message in the console: "Only unpacked extensions and apps installed from the Chrome Web Store can load NaCl modules without enabling Native Client in about:flags." I did install it via the Chrome Web Store, so I think that's a bug.
binji wrote:BTW, I'm still working on making a LÖVELINESS bundler, so you can take your .love files and turn them into Chrome Web Store apps. I'm working on making a web page that'll do it, I think it'll be the nicest interface.
\o/
binji
Prole

Post by binji »

slime wrote:With the latest update (0.2), .loves fail to load with this message in the console: "Only unpacked extensions and apps installed from the Chrome Web Store can load NaCl modules without enabling Native Client in about:flags." I did install it via the Chrome Web Store, so I think that's a bug.
Yep, this is the bug I mentioned when I first released... I was running Chrome beta, which was 27 at the time, so I noticed it when it was working for everyone else on 26... :cry:

This may end up being fixed in Chrome 27, but I'm not holding my breath -- they are hesitant to merge fixes to the stable branch that don't have a high reward to risk ratio. Unfortunately, the feature I'm using that broke is not commonly used in Chrome, so the reward is low.

Anyway, you have two options now: enable "native client" in about:flags, or load everything by right-clicking on the link and choosing "Open with LÖVELINESS"
[[LÖVE Chrome Extension]]
LÖVELINESS
Examples page
Github project page
easy82
Party member

Post by easy82 »

binji wrote:Hey everyone, I just wanted to say that LÖVELINESS v0.2.0 is now available on the Chrome Web Store!

Some features:
* persistent storage! (i.e. writing files/directories via love.filesystem.* works now)
* loading links via the context menu: right-click on a link, and choose "Open with LÖVELINESS"
* better handling of the quit message: you can click "back" or "reload"

Some older features you may not have noticed:
* loading screen (so it doesn't look like it crashed)
* fixed some crashes (so it doesn't act like it crashed ... :-)
* drag and drop file loading files from your hard drive: click the little green guy, and choose "load file", then drop the .love file on the page
* a simple test to see if LÖVELINESS should be working: click the little green guy, and choose "test"

Enjoy!
bzSteve wrote:it would really help me to have luasocket-type functions
Socket functions aren't supported in Native Client currently, though they'll likely be available for Chrome 29. I should be able to support socket.http, though. (there are some limitations w.r.t. same origin constraints, I'll explain later if I actually implement it)

BTW, I'm still working on making a LÖVELINESS bundler, so you can take your .love files and turn them into Chrome Web Store apps. I'm working on making a web page that'll do it, I think it'll be the nicest interface.
Wow that sounds like magic-binji! :D Thanks for your work!
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Go Binji!

This is super cool!
Lua is not an acronym.
bzSteve
Prole

Post by bzSteve »

Probably more of a Chrome question than a LOVELINESS one but how do I make sure that my LOVELINESS install is always the most recent version? Right now, I check your website and, if there's a newer extension available, I delete and reinstall. Seems like there must be a better way. At least, I hope there is.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

bzSteve wrote:Probably more of a Chrome question than a LOVELINESS one but how do I make sure that my LOVELINESS install is always the most recent version? Right now, I check your website and, if there's a newer extension available, I delete and reinstall. Seems like there must be a better way. At least, I hope there is.
Apps installed from the Chrome Web Store automatically update themselves... I think. At least mine is on the newest version (0.2.1) and I've never touched it. Maybe it just takes a little while for it to realize that it needs to update itself?
bzSteve
Prole

Post by bzSteve »

Thank you, T-Bone. I'm a Mac user and do most of my browsing on Safari. I only use Chrome for LOVELINESS so I'm not very familiar with it. My version seemed to stay at 0.1.9 without changing. I wonder if there's a Chrome setting for auto-updating extensions or if I'm just not leaving the browser open long enough for the background update to occur.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

Now when I think about it, I recall seeing an upwards pointing arrow on the LÖVELINESS icon at some point... Not sure what it meant, and it disappeared when I clicked on the icon to check what it was. Maybe that had something to do with it?
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

Whenever I try out a .love file, I get download/file.php?mode=view&id=23047 followed by a black screen.
Tested with the first example. Chromebook.
Attachments
k9sgCtn.png
k9sgCtn.png (55.17 KiB) Viewed 272 times
Lua is not an acronym.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

ghoulsblade already did this, but i will still have look at it :3