Taehl intro

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Taehl intro

Post by bartbes »

Nice!

Thinking of this and the LÖVE-PARTY one makes me sad (that I don't have one).
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

kikito wrote:It is very spectacular, but a bit too long for my taste. I prefer intros that take 3 seconds or less. Those nice effects and background animations would probably look nice on the main menu however.

Also, when you put it on a game, please don't forget to include a "any key skips" function... even recent AAA games get that wrong.
I know exactly how you feel. Hence, in mine, every key, mouse button, and joy button will skip it. As for time, I built the entire thing to use a normalized time value, so I can make it last as long or as short as I want to make it.
Last edited by Taehl on Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

Taehl wrote:As for time, I built the entire thing to use a normalized time value, so I can make it last as long or as short as I want to make it.
Oh! Cool! I'm impressed.
When I write def I mean function.
vrld
Party member

Post by vrld »

Well done. I really like your style.
Taehl wrote:As for time, I built the entire thing to use a normalized time value, so I can make it last as long or as short as I want to make it.
This is awesome. Setting the time to two minutes or so makes for some really cool sound effects. :3
I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

hump | HC | SUIT | moonshine
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

As for sound, the white noise is generated upon loading, and is made out to the length of the intro. In other words, its pitch will be no different. The music, however, is currently a plain .ogg, so it gets lower or higher depending on the length of the intro.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Dammit now we all need intros. You're making us look bad!