Waraiotoko's Splash

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
waraiotoko
Prole

Waraiotoko's Splash

Post by waraiotoko »

Made this in 2.5 hours, it's really simple but I think it looks nice. I tried to make the lines look tapered but went a little too far so it doesn't look smooth.
The title is "Gnat" since that's the name I plan to release games under. Also forewarning, the code is not made to be re-used, most of the coordinates were entered from my memory. You might find my use of scale, rotate and transform entertaining though.

Let me know what you think.
Attachments
gnatsplash.love
(147.26 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Last edited by waraiotoko on Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tentus
Inner party member

Re: Waraiotoko's Splash

Post by tentus »

Seems a little excessive to include the entire Arial font, you could use a smaller ttf and cut filesize by a bunch. Also, you do not use dt or any other for of time control: when I view the file, it's over in less than a second (no frame cap on my computer, and lots of spare CPU).
Attachments
arial.zip
Unzipped 262 KB
(146.91 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Kurosuke needs beta testers
waraiotoko
Prole

Post by waraiotoko »

tentus wrote:Seems a little excessive to include the entire Arial font, you could use a smaller ttf and cut filesize by a bunch. Also, you do not use dt or any other for of time control: when I view the file, it's over in less than a second (no frame cap on my computer, and lots of spare CPU).
Fixed.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

tentus wrote:Seems a little excessive to include the entire Arial font, you could use a smaller ttf and cut filesize by a bunch.
You're also not allowed to redistribute it. The Microsoft Core Web Fonts project (which was shut down in 2002) allowed distribution of the fonts in their original packaging (and exe file), but not the ttf files themselves - and especially not modified ones.

Bitstream Vera Sans is pretty similar, and has a much more liberal license.