Art contest prize suggestions?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
qubodup
Inner party member

Art contest prize suggestions?

Post by qubodup »

Abstract: Do you have prize suggestions for art competitions?

I want to start another LÖVE art creation contest. (Here's the first.)

I have a topic idea (this time it's something that has more use in games) but trouble coming up with prizes.

I was thinking of Rice Boy, the book but it's too expensive (with shipping: 60USD/47EUR). I prefer to give multiple small prizes to the top contestants and to start many small contests (relatively simple tasks) rather than few big-prize contests. I also doubt that all fancy comics as much as I do. :)

I want suggestions please . :D
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
qubodup
Inner party member

Re: Art contest prize suggestions?

Post by qubodup »

Simpler: What would you like to win in an art contest? :) (just kidding posts welcome!)
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
SnakeFace
Prole

Post by SnakeFace »

A steam game of £30 or less? Or whatever. Also, what's the contest?
Lovely quotes
somewhere within the jungle of administrative doom - rude
Sardtok
Party member

Post by Sardtok »

How about an art magazine?
For instance ImagineFX, Computer Arts, Computer Arts Projects, 3DWorld or similar?
Only problem is that the magazines at http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk are back issues if you want to order a single mag. This is the publisher's web shop, and the back issues are usually cheaper than buying them at newsstands, even if they're shipping outside Europe (about £10 for a mag to outside Europe, £9 for Europe and £8 for UK, CA Projects costs £1.50 more).
Because it's the publisher they mostly deal with subscriptions, but they cost around £50.

I also say a cheap Steam game of the winner's choice.
Any game within a price of for instance $20. There are a lot of cheap, smaller games on Steam. Often special offers will push the price even further.
There are also special offers often, pushing prices below $10. For some reason I've started getting prices in euros now, but for instance Mayhem Intergalactic is on sale for £8, although the offer ends on Jan 29th. With low price games as prices you could even manage a price for a runner-up or two.
Take off every Zigg for great rapist.
Now, outgay that!
Skofo
Party member

Post by Skofo »

A virtual hug!
Working on: Viator
Need a 64-bit Debian package for LÖVE? Here it is!