TimeKeeper - a clock/calendar

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
scirath
Citizen

Re: TimeKeeper - a clock/calendar

Post by scirath »

@Miko - I'll be doing something similar ... once it's anything beside a quick render test. I simply haven't developed it to that point yet.

@coffee - I'm removing colors.lua from the .love file above. I think its purpose wasn't clear, and it's detracted away from input on the demo itself. Rewriting it into an actual library (it was meant only as a list of precalculated color definitions!) would take away too much time from the projects I have going at the moment. If you want, I can PM you when I've got the "real" library worked out. That may be awhile, however, because I'll likely be working on other areas first (there's also a game I'd like to get off the ground within the next month or so :ehem:). Anyhow, just holler if you're interested.
(USER MIGHT BE BANNED FOR THIS POST.)
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

@scirath
It's understandable, you should really focus in what's is needed now. Good luck working in GUI desktop project. And please feel free to PM anytime.
BTW I saw your "revised-colors" but I didn't tested. I think your "get" alpha function with the string trick seems a good start to have color coupled with alpha but at same time don't have to declare all that alpha variants. Well done.
scirath
Citizen

Post by scirath »

I surprised myself by getting some work done on it earlier than I thought: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7378
runyonave
Prole

Post by runyonave »

Very nice. Have you considered making it into a desktop widget? Or is that even possible to do with with Love.
scirath
Citizen

Post by scirath »

runyonave wrote:Very nice. Have you considered making it into a desktop widget? Or is that even possible to do with with Love.
Well, for the GUI I'm working on, yeah (assuming I ever get that done :P) ... but for a real desktop, I hadn't. I'm not sure it'd be possible, unless one were able to pull off some pretty slick hacks.
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

runyonave wrote:Have you considered making it into a desktop widget? Or is that even possible to do with with Love.
No (reasonable) way :(
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

There's always the desktop widget route:
All CSS, HTML and JavaScript. This is in Bowtie, but OS X Dashboard Widgets and Windows Gadgets both use the same basic methods. My clock is created from DIV's being manipulated by JavaScript, but most engines will allow use of the CANVAS element. Googling for a "Canvas JavaScript Clock" will probably set you on the right path.