Welcome to SynapticonN ....

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
synapticonn
Prole

Welcome to SynapticonN ....

Post by synapticonn »

Welcome to SynapticonN!

A game which, I hope, represents something entirely new in the world of Video Gaming.
And, of course, was created using Love2D. My first foray into this engine ...

http://synapticonn.com to download. (Currently packaged for Win32 only.)
"Box Art"
"Box Art"
synapticonn-med.jpg (60.03 KiB) Viewed 2939 times
In-Game Screenshot
In-Game Screenshot
s3-scr.jpg (51.63 KiB) Viewed 2796 times
SynapticonN was designed to meet three main goals:

a) Be wildly fresh and entertaining as a video game. An instant classic, like Tetris or Space Invaders. Easy to pick up, hard to master.

b) Make you SMARTER! Most games are idle distractions (which is great), but they can teach us things and influence the mind in positive ways too. Geometry, colour, and sound are a rich language. SynapticonN uses this language, based on ancient scientific and spiritual wisdom to relax the mind. This allows higher faculties like intuition and creativity to light up.

c) Make ME financially independent. I was tired of working as a hired-gun programmer, creating other people's work. Yes, this is one of those "evil commercial projects", and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I have plenty of good stuff I want to accomplish in this lifetime which requires money and time.

================================================================
P.S.

Yes, this is a shameless self-promotion post, but I GENUINELY would like to thank
the team at Love2D. Your engine is a masterpiece of software engineering, and it shows!
I'd originally considered doing this project in C/C++. Conveniently, Love2D uses all
the same DLL's and libraries I would have selected ANYWAYS, so it worked out beautifully.
THANK YOU!!

================================================================
Last edited by synapticonn on Wed May 21, 2014 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
micha
Inner party member

Re: Welcome to SynapticonN ....

Post by micha »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

congratulations for finishing your game.
Could you give some more details on what the game is about? Maybe screenshots?
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Hi, could you post more info about the game please? Congrats on completing it by the way.

Also, I really disagree with your statement "Most games are idle distractions". I don't find art to be an idle distraction.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
CrackedP0t
Citizen

Post by CrackedP0t »

The artwork is wonderful, but I can't figure out exactly what you're supposed to do.
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
Here, have an umlaut. Ö
synapticonn
Prole

Post by synapticonn »

Thanks for your replies, everyone! It feels great to launch - thanks to everyone who downloaded it and didn't reply here.

SynapticonN explains itself in the intro screens, it's a very simple game at the core... Basically you turn it on, wait for the volt meter to power up, and start firing! (P) key turns on power ...

CrackedPot, when you ran the game, did it display the intro sequence correctly? I am curious ... Thanks about the artwork too!! I obsessed over it ... glad it shows!

Lafolie ... I agree entirely - Many games I would consider art, I've played a number! I certainly appreciate the process of making games better ... it's painstaking!!! I didn't intend to sound judgmental there ...

Games, to me, run a spectrum from Slot Machines .... to Art. Slot Machines are well designed, and pretty - but they're designed to hypnotize you into submission and take your money. Same with many of the Facebook/online games I've seen.

There are plenty of games which are not idle distractions, I concede ;-)