[Android] Fargerfight: a local competitive two-player game f

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
JunoNgx
Prole

[Android] Fargerfight: a local competitive two-player game f

Post by JunoNgx »

A bit about myself: In a nutshell, I'm quite of a noob in gamedev. While I've played a large amount of videogames, my actual gamedev hands-on didn't start until September last year. I have had a bit of experience in various languages and frameworks, and most recently, Love2d. Three weeks ago, I didn't even know what Lua looked like, and I've spent my time until then playing with this engine and completing this game.

While I decided to play around with Love2d, the main objective was mainly to learn more instead of actually making the games I wanted to make. Subsequently, I ran into the Android port on the way, ran some tests, found it rather good, and ended up making this game, a touch-based project made solely mobile devices.

As stated on the Play Store page, I ran into physic rotation bug (with multiple joints) in the game, and while unconfirmed, I don't think this is Android-specific. I have heard somewhere that this is a known Box2d bug? More frustratingly, this bug reacted differently on different devices, rendering most of my workarounds quite useless. As of now, this bug is still present in the game. Any assistance is highly appreciated.

Also, as the output APK file is unencrypted, do feel free to take a look at the *.love source file if you're feeling Android-savvy ;) (which actually make this Android port of Love2d unfit for serious commercial projects, do take note and hold back excitement). I have never released any source before, but perhaps I'll looking to releasing this one.

So, here's the game:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... argerfight

Free with no string attached, and available for pretty much anyone with a capable Android device. Feedback, comments and questions are welcomed.
master both
Party member

Re: [Android] Fargerfight: a local competitive two-player ga

Post by master both »

Nice, The concept is so simple yet so fun! I'm totally be playing this with my friends.
markgo
Party member

Post by markgo »

If the bug is love specific (and not Box2d), you can try to put it on issues.
Ramcat
Prole

Post by Ramcat »

Very nice, very clever. Good job.