One Bit Arena

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: One Bit Arena

Post by Robin »

Once again, you can just run love somegame.exe on Linux, no wine necessary.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Thanks Robin and S0lll0s for the hints on how to run the game. I'll try to remember it this time :D. Running love game.exe works like a charm!

Ok, sorry VladTheCat, for derailing your thread. Back on topic:

This game is great! I love how, with just two colors, you manage to make everything very recognizable - I had no trouble figuring out what's what, even though there's quite a bit going on on the screen.
Couple of remarks:
  • A "Tutorial" button might be great, to restart the tutorial. I quit the game to enable sound and couldn't reatart the tutorial.
  • I loved trying to figure out what the various disk-types do - well done on that!
  • Recovering the disk is really, really hard. :P Also, for me, the disk seems to move more like a boomerang than the boomerang does...?
  • I didn't get what the different types of buffs do. What's the difference between the shield and the "s"?
  • Minor thing: Löve supports threadding, so it might be nice to thread the scoreboard calls, as otherwise there's a short hang on the game.
    If that's too much work (I admit it is, but Löve's threadding is really great, so I suggest you look into it) then maybe at least display an "uploading" _before_ actually uploading the data (same for downloading).
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

Robin wrote:Once again, you can just run love somegame.exe on Linux, no wine necessary.
Oh, I seem to have missed that. Same principle as stripping the .love off by hand though I guess.

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
VladTheCat
Prole

Post by VladTheCat »

Germanunkol wrote: A "Tutorial" button might be great, to restart the tutorial. I quit the game to enable sound and couldn't reatart the tutorial.
You can remove "NotFirstPlay" file from game folder to restart tutorial.
I didn't get what the different types of buffs do. What's the difference between the shield and the "s"?
"S" = "Skill". It's not save you from damage.
To fast return of disk you can use RMB. Your skillbar (right from healthbar) will empty. It has slow regeneration, and "S"-buff will increase speed of regenerating.
Minor thing: Löve supports threadding, so it might be nice to thread the scoreboard calls, as otherwise there's a short hang on the game.
If that's too much work (I admit it is, but Löve's threadding is really great, so I suggest you look into it) then maybe at least display an "uploading" _before_ actually uploading the data (same for downloading).
I know, threading is great, but now it's hard for me.

PS: Sorry for my english, i have some problems with it :D