Help the love2d wiki page!

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
rokit boy
Party member

Help the love2d wiki page!

Post by rokit boy »

I created a wiki page for love 2d... Put more in! Put syntax, make it a proper wikipedia page! I spent two seconds on what it has right now.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love2d
u wot m8
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Help the love2d wiki page!

Post by bartbes »

That'd be the fourth incarnation, then, I suppose. It will probably be deleted soon. (As all our previous ones have been.)
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Well, back then we didn't have any big media exposure. Now that Mari0 has been put on gaming blogs, try to work it in as a Citation.

Though I think you need at least three credible sources.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

I think our "big media exposure" is still not anywhere near the level the Wikipedia police would want to see before letting someone add the article.

EDIT: by the way, it's LÖVE, not Love2d, love2d, or anything like that. The website is love2d.org, yes, but Gmail isn't called mail.google either. ;)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
marycorbitt
Prole

Post by marycorbitt »

The page is somewhat empty. :) Still, I love LOVE! :crazy:
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

rokit boy, your article is absolutely terrible. The fact that it hasn't been removed yet astounds me. Also, LÖVE is called LÖVE, not Love 2d or anything like that.
Nixola wrote:What about expanding this?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Topsfield99/L%C3%96VE
I did expand on that and created a full article once, but it was also removed. I don't know what happened to that updated article. I'll see if I can get the Wikipedia staff to move it to my userspace.
Tormodino
Prole

Post by Tormodino »

I am genuinely impressed by how negative and condescending your reply was, thelink. /golfclap

I can see that the article is not encyclopedia-level material, but it gets the message across and contains the relevant basic information. If I was curious about Löve/love2d* I'd find my basic answers here.

I don't really have any experience with wikipedia standards. What would be required for an article about Löve to actually be admitted permanently?

*not love2, not love, not.,.. IOMGNMDSFKBGIGIW! stop the constant berating, please. It alienates people.
Kadoba
Party member

Post by Kadoba »

rokit boy, your article is absolutely terrible. The fact that it hasn't been removed yet astounds me.
That's a little harsh. His intentions were good.

Hehe. Browsing through the page history I found this little gem:
Love2d is an open source 2d game framework. It uses lua for easy coding.
23:06, 11 February 2012‎ EvilBartek (talk | contribs)‎ (185 bytes) (ill put more later)
EvilBartek = rokit boy?
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Did a quick look there. Wouldn't be good say in the main article text that is also cross-plataform and in which ones run (besides the small fact box)?
And instead of say almost redundant things like "love.audio - Provides an interface to generate sound output." and "love.sound - Provides an interface to decode sound files." wouldn't be more useful instead refer what libraries use (like Libmodplug, OGG Vorbis and so support modules tracks, OGG's) and so on? It's slightly more informative and could contribute for avoid deletion.

Also would be nice present and explain an example of Love code with the callbacks structure that is matter of fact Love2D skeleton and unique to the framework (since it would be irrelevant present Lua code examples.).