Jovian Gasbags! [Updated]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
DeltaF1
Citizen

Jovian Gasbags! [Updated]

Post by DeltaF1 »

For One Game a Month, I'm making an asteroids clone. I thought I'd do something simple to build up my portfolio, so here is my WIP. It's an asteroids clone set in the upper atmosphere of jupiter, where you fight jovian gasbags (giant space jellyfish). I have the basic gameplay mechanics done, now I have to start tweaking variables to make it more playable and more fun.

The controls are: Arrow keys to turn and move forward, spacebar to shoot. Press enter to generate the level, and click anywhere to spawn a new gasbag (if you dare). When you hit a gasbasg you get a 2 second grace period of invulnerability.

Please let me know what needs to be adjusted! Speed of the gasbags, air friction on the spacecraft, etc.

I'm also looking for a shader to refract everything drawn underneath the gasbags, so it looks like they're translucent and wobbling.

Edit: I have a lot more done now, including proper death, some simple animated transitiony stuff, a splash screen, and 100% more love!
Attachments
game.love
(3.52 MiB) Downloaded 123 times
Last edited by DeltaF1 on Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lovefirstly
Prole

Re: Jovian Gasbags!

Post by lovefirstly »

I played and I felt it's diffcult to play. I lost the three lives seconds later. By the way , when I lost all of the lives,the window was destoryed suddenly and no explanation.
DeltaF1
Citizen

Re: Jovian Gasbags!

Post by DeltaF1 »

Thanks for the input! I'm tweaking the stats to make it easier to play, by raising the firing rate and lowering the asteroid speed. The window closing is intentional, as I don't have a death screen prepared as of yet.