[Library] HBDselector v1.0

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
HugoBDesigner
Party member

[Library] HBDselector v1.0

Post by HugoBDesigner »

Hello again! Long story short: for quite a while, I've had to write small map selector to my games or others's games. The problem is that I'd usually have to rewrite everything to fit the game's needs, which is a huge headache on its own, but I'd have to make some pretty complicated code to make it fancy (for example, having the selected item bigger in comparison to others). On my latest project, it was even more painful as I tried to avoid using preset values in tables (as I did in a past project). But now that I've got that figured out, I decided that it'd be better if instead of throwing it there and having to rewrite it in the future, I should make an easy to use-tweak library that may help not only my future self, but also other people that may be pulling their hair out because of the same issue.

So today I present a very simple, yet very useful library for map selection: HBDselector! (Awesome name, I know)

This library provides you the basic "framework" for you to add all the values related to your map selection needs: size, color, position, speed, direction, etc.

If you face any issue, please let me know, as I haven't tested this library thoroughly.

GitHub link

Image Image Image Image
Last edited by HugoBDesigner on Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog
CrackedP0t
Citizen

Re: [Library] HBDselector v1.0

Post by CrackedP0t »

So... what's a mappack?
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
Here, have an umlaut. Ö
HugoBDesigner
Party member

Re: [Library] HBDselector v1.0

Post by HugoBDesigner »

CrackedP0t wrote:So... what's a mappack?
I used mappack just as an example. I'll change it to "map" to make it easier to understand. But basically, this library is a map selector one, or item selector one. It's just a scrolling selection screen, you can make it into anything you want, really ;)
@HugoBDesigner - Twitter
HugoBDesigner - Blog