Using Love2D to Post on Twitter?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Pie
Prole

Using Love2D to Post on Twitter?

Post by Pie »

I've been looking for quite a while now, and I can't find anything related with Love2D using oAuth.
I'm basically looking for a way to post on Twitter by using Love2D.
kikito
Inner party member

Re: Using Love2D to Post on Twitter?

Post by kikito »

You might find more stuff if you look for "oauth with Lua" instead of "oauth with Love2d". I just found this (I have not tried it):

https://github.com/ignacio/LuaOAuth
When I write def I mean function.
Pie
Prole

Post by Pie »

kikito wrote:You might find more stuff if you look for "oauth with Lua" instead of "oauth with Love2d". I just found this (I have not tried it):

https://github.com/ignacio/LuaOAuth
I've looked into that, but it said "module 'base64' not found"
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Because it has dependencies that you need to manually put in place (you can use other mechanisms too though):

Code: Select all

dependencies = {
	"lua >= 5.1",
	"luasocket",
	"luasec",
	"luacrypto",
	"lbase64"
}
I'd also guess that some modifications will be in order to get this working with löve, but that's just my guess.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

As far as I know, luasocket is already included in LÖVE. Luasec, luacrypto and lbase64 are not. If they are all pure-lua functions, you can probably add them to your project relatively easily. If they are binary libraries, then it will be significantly more difficult - using binary libs with LÖVE is kinda hard, especially if you want to support multiple platforms.
Pie
Prole

Post by Pie »

zorg wrote:Because it has dependencies that you need to manually put in place (you can use other mechanisms too though):

Code: Select all

dependencies = {
	"lua >= 5.1",
	"luasocket",
	"luasec",
	"luacrypto",
	"lbase64"
}
I'd also guess that some modifications will be in order to get this working with löve, but that's just my guess.
Where would I find the ones that work and how would I modify them for löve?
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

If you have to ask that question, then this task might be a bit too much for you right now. I recommend that you set it aside for now, try something simpler, and try it again in the future, when you have a firmer grasp of LÖVE and Lua.
Pie
Prole

Post by Pie »

kikito wrote:If you have to ask that question, then this task might be a bit too much for you right now. I recommend that you set it aside for now, try something simpler, and try it again in the future, when you have a firmer grasp of LÖVE and Lua.
I guess it is, but I also thought it'd be as easy a doing it in Python. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Communicating with web APIs usually require HTTPS which Löve currently does not provide. And Google wants the web to only use HTTPS so it is becoming more and more common.
Ekamu
Party member

Post by Ekamu »

bobbyjones wrote:Communicating with web APIs usually require HTTPS which Löve currently does not provide. And Google wants the web to only use HTTPS so it is becoming more and more common.
I've been wondering about that myself... Its unavoidable. (<_<)