I got an error and I need halp

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Noob_Maker
Prole

I got an error and I need halp

Post by Noob_Maker »

Okay

I need help because I got dis:
Link here:https://twitter.com/Xeroq_Da_Crazy/stat ... 8883621888
click on da images to have a better view because I'm lazy :/
zorg
Party member

Re: I got an error and I need halp

Post by zorg »

After your mandatory English writing lesson, do upload your code as either a .love file, or within "" tags, because we really can't tell you the cause of the error, other than you made a mistake somewhere and wrote stuff after where the end of the file was supposed to be... probably.
"Help us help you."
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I can't see the screenshot. Well not linked.

Also it means you forgot an end somewhere in your code. But since you are too "lazy" to post the code, we cannot help you.

Also, English please. Thanks.

Lovers help those who help themselves.
Pangit
Party member

Post by Pangit »

It's telling you that your problem is in main.lua line 21. Check that. If you had posted the code. It would have been easier dude.

Might not be the whole problem - at the blue screen stage you might be lucky and its just a simple problem or its the start of a journey down a rabbit hole of despair. The error your seeing depending on how the program is written could just be a symptom of a larger problem within the program. Those are the worse.

In this case the blue screen is giving you a lot of useful information. Having had this same error myself a bunch of times. 9/10 its going to be a simple matter of not putting end, or closing a function, conditional ect.. Just look closely at the code. Look for stuff you have left out.

Code: Select all

end
in the right place, or forgetting to put it in. Odds are your code will be missing this.

That's generally when I groan and start looking for missing closures, end ect in my code when I see that. But I could be wrong... hard to say without the code.

Next time post the image directly on the forum, add the code or even better the love file. hard to know what's going on without that.