Sky Model explorer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
GijsB
Party member

Sky Model explorer

Post by GijsB »

Took this : https://github.com/Syntopia/Fragmentari ... unsky.frag
and made it somewhat interactive.

More updates coming soon.

Screenshot folder is located in %appdata%/roaming/LOVE
Attachments
Sky Model.love
(3.97 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
1485288674.png
1485288674.png (674.07 KiB) Viewed 2549 times
1485288665.png
1485288665.png (415.55 KiB) Viewed 2549 times
zorg
Party member

Re: Sky Model explorer

Post by zorg »

GijsB wrote:Screenshot folder is located in %appdata%/roaming/LOVE
No it's not; It's in %appdata%/roaming/LOVE/Sky Model. :3

Good to know that löve sets the identity from the window title though.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

I really wanted to try this out, but sadly it doesn't run on my computer. Probably due to unsupported shaders, the window just closes down as soon as I launch it.
I like the idea behind a procedural day/night cycle and I see a lot of variables going into this so that's a good start. Moreover I would love to a see version that doesn't use shaders, but that would be even harder.
Also, I'd like to note something that looks kind of strange. In the second screenshot, the entire horizon has a uniform red glow to it yet the sun is really small so the combination of these two factors looks kind of weird. In reality, the red/orange glow should be around the sun and would never take up more than 180 degrees of the entire 360 horizon. Additionally some sort of curvature would be great too - possibly defined by the observer's altitude.
Either way, I really like the idea behind this so good work!
GijsB
Party member

Post by GijsB »

ivan wrote:I really wanted to try this out, but sadly it doesn't run on my computer. Probably due to unsupported shaders, the window just closes down as soon as I launch it.
Hmm weird.. no error message?
ivan wrote: I like the idea behind a procedural day/night cycle and I see a lot of variables going into this so that's a good start. Moreover I would love to a see version that doesn't use shaders, but that would be even harder.
A Shaderless version wouldn't be that difficult, i've already wrote a vector library :) but it would be extremely slow.
ivan wrote: Also, I'd like to note something that looks kind of strange. In the second screenshot, the entire horizon has a uniform red glow to it yet the sun is really small so the combination of these two factors looks kind of weird. In reality, the red/orange glow should be around the sun and would never take up more than 180 degrees of the entire 360 horizon.
You're probably right, but I don't really understand the source code yet, just ported it :roll:. When I do understand it I will try to fix that!

ivan wrote: Additionally some sort of curvature would be great too - possibly defined by the observer's altitude.
The shaders purpose is a ground-level skymodel so I'll probably won't add this, but it's definitely something to keep in mind.
ivan wrote: Either way, I really like the idea behind this so good work!