Could not load LOVE game '/filecache/...' as it uses unsupported scheme 'content'. Please contact the developer.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
tahoma
Prole

Could not load LOVE game '/filecache/...' as it uses unsupported scheme 'content'. Please contact the developer.

Post by tahoma »

A follow up on this thread. When loading a .love file from dropbox, I get the error message in the subj:

"Could not load LOVE game '/filecache/...' as it uses unsupported scheme 'content'. Please contact the developer"

Does anyone have an idea what might be causing it?

The game works perfectly with love 10.2 loaded via googlePlay and with 11.2 on my laptop.
The 11.1 version of love is from here.

Thanks!
miniaturedog
Prole

Re: Could not load LOVE game '/filecache/...' as it uses unsupported scheme 'content'. Please contact the developer.

Post by miniaturedog »

I'm honestly not sure what could be causing the problem, but since I use the 11.1 version of LÖVE that you linked on my android phone and it works perfectly fine for me, I can tell you how I use it, and hopefully it might help.

I don't use dropbox to load LÖVE files; I have an app called ES File Explorer that's set up to automatically open anything with a .love extension with the LÖVE apk.
tahoma
Prole

Re: Could not load LOVE game '/filecache/...' as it uses unsupported scheme 'content'. Please contact the developer.

Post by tahoma »

I seem to have an issue similar to this one. Can you launch .love files from any location or only from love folder?
miniaturedog
Prole

Post by miniaturedog »

tahoma wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 12:46 am I seem to have an issue similar to this one. Can you launch .love files from any location or only from love folder?
In order to open a main.lua, you need to have the apk in the same folder as the file. I think the same might be true for .love files too.
tahoma
Prole

Post by tahoma »

miniaturedog wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm In order to open a main.lua, you need to have the apk in the same folder as the file. I think the same might be true for .love files too.
Thanks!

Well, here is the deal: it didn't have to be in the same folder for 10.2, which allowed me to try a game literally in less than a minute after i'm done with editing it. Not even talking about launching different games or its versions simultaneously.

Either way, I guess i'll just stick with 10.2 until i get to some sort of alpha testing when I want to make sure it runs properly under the newest version.