US History Project - Dubstep

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
baconhawka7x
Party member

US History Project - Dubstep

Post by baconhawka7x »

Why hello! Here's a lil' story for ya!
I missed a day of school this week, and it just so happens that on that day, in eighth grade US History, we had to pick our project to do a report on. So the next day I asked her, "Could I do my report on the development and growth of the new, uprising music genre, Dubstep?" Trying to sound smart. She had no idea what dubstep was, and I tried my best explaining it. Until eventually she got so annoyed, and irritated that she just said yes so I'd shut up.

So for our project we can do anything that efficiently displays our topic. So I'm going to make a game:)

I was thinking just a side-scroller where you walk through and learn about the origins, and other facts about dubstep. But if anyone has any ideas please post:)

I'll be updating what progress I make here. But I am going to compete in the Ludum dare tomorrow, so I might not do too much this weekend

Some facts to take note on:
She's a huge girl, likes fluffy, pink, happy things.
I have to make this game appealing to the teacher.
My teacher is terrible with computers.
No one in my school knows anything about programming(My school is hood), so this should get me some biggggg points(:

DUE - MAY 25

Update #1 - menu

Last edited by baconhawka7x on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ellohir
Party member

Re: US History Project - Dubstep

Post by Ellohir »

All I could think when I was reading it was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iY5h9-vT0 :cool:
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Ellohir wrote:All I could think when I was reading it was this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_iY5h9-vT0 :cool:
HAHAHAHXD omg. Silly silly :crazy:
veethree
Inner party member

Post by veethree »

This is none of my business..but i don't think dubstep is a part of US history..to my knowledge it originated in the UK. It wasn't until it started to gain attention in mainstream media when it went to the US/anywhere else in the world. And some claim the "US dubstep" isn't really dubstep..Some refer to majority of that as "brostep". Basically like dubstep but less focused on the sub bass and such and more focused on the middle register. Usually has these robotic sounds..A great example of this would be just about any skrillex song.

Aaaanyway. I like the idea..very creative. Most people would just make a simple powerpoint presentation and be happy with it..Since you said you teacher isn't good with computers i'd suggest making the gameplay as simple as possible..nothing fancy there. I'd focus more on the graphics and getting the story out in a good way. And of course make sure to throw a good soundtrack into this. Other than all that, Good luck :D
Alex22
Prole

Post by Alex22 »

Showing off your Löve2D skills in school is quite effective (also did that once and got an A+ for that :D )
Also everything with dubstep is going to be nice :D
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

How I yearn for 2009 when people said "Skream" instead of "Skrillex".
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
headchant
Party member

it's not heavy metal

Post by headchant »