"STI does not yet support Tile Collections" with single image

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Sammm
Prole

"STI does not yet support Tile Collections" with single image

Post by Sammm »

Hello!

I'm new to Love2D and I'm trying to use a Tiled tilemap in my game with the STI library. I used a single image for my tileset, made the tilemap in the Tiled editor, and exported it as `map.lua` file into my game. However, when I run it, I get an error saying "STI does not yet support Tile Collections." I tried to solve this problem, and I saw this article (viewtopic.php?t=80816), but my tileset is already one single image so I'm confused why this is a problem. Is there a flag or setting I need to check/apply, or do something within the Tiled editor to get this to work?

Thanks so much for any help.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: "STI does not yet support Tile Collections" with single image

Post by pgimeno »

Sammm wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:56 pm Hello!

I'm new to Love2D and I'm trying to use a Tiled tilemap in my game with the STI library. I used a single image for my tileset, made the tilemap in the Tiled editor, and exported it as `map.lua` file into my game. However, when I run it, I get an error saying "STI does not yet support Tile Collections." I tried to solve this problem, and I saw this article (viewtopic.php?t=80816), but my tileset is already one single image so I'm confused why this is a problem. Is there a flag or setting I need to check/apply, or do something within the Tiled editor to get this to work?

Thanks so much for any help.
Welcome to the forums. Can you maybe post the TMX file so we can check if Tiled still keeps a tile collection internally, even if there's just one image?

No need to post the tileset itself. You may need to zip the file for the forum to accept the extension.
c3h8
Prole

Post by c3h8 »

Hey, I just ran into this myself. The solution I found was to go into Tiled, go to the bottom right to the Tileset panel, to the icon buttons just above the tabs, and click Embed Tileset (second icon from the left on my version of Tiled, but you'll see the name on hover). Then save your map and re-export to Lua, and it should load.
Sammm
Prole

Post by Sammm »

I fixed the problem by when creating a new tilemap, clicking "Embed."
Lua is LÖVE, lua is life