I published my first game with Love2d - Fire at Will (with source code)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
_PC-Expert_
Prole

I published my first game with Love2d - Fire at Will (with source code)

Post by _PC-Expert_ »

Hello friends.

It wasn't until later that I was introduced to Lua and Love2d. I followed the forum from outside throughout my first project. I just became a member. There was nothing I couldn't find by searching on the forum. I express my thanks. Also, the Lua language and the Love2d framework are really nice.

I recently released the first version of my first game. And I wanted to share the link with you. The game's page on Codecanyon below.

https://codecanyon.net/item/fire-at-will/48832853

I am waiting for your support. Thanks in advance.
Last edited by _PC-Expert_ on Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
BrotSagtMist
Party member

Re: My first game with Love2d: Fire at Will

Post by BrotSagtMist »

Linking to a store page where you charge 50 bucks for a _game_ that basically is a fancy copy of a how to detect clicks tutorial.
Is this a spambot again?
obey
_PC-Expert_
Prole

Post by _PC-Expert_ »

No, such a situation is not the case. This is already the game introduction section.

As I mentioned in the title, this is my first game with Love2d. It can be seen on the product page that the source code is included. These types of games can also be useful for beginners. Whoever wishes, buys, and whoever wishes, does not buy. Lua and Love2d seem to be very unknown on Envato Codecanyon. Of course, the product can only be produced as output. I'm also interested in other languages ​​and frameworks, but I liked Lua and Love2d. I will share posts like this from time to time.

As a result of my research and observations, I can easily recommend Lua and Love2d for starting game programming.
Additionally, Lua and Love2d are among those taught at the first stage at universities such as Harvard. I leave a link here for free training.
https://pll.harvard.edu/course/cs50s-in ... evelopment

Happy coding everyone.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

That cs50 harvard course is bad, considering as far as i know, it has not been kept up to date with the current löve version, but even then, it teaches quite a few bad practices.

As for why you're uploading a "game" on a website seemingly more catered for code snippets and stuff for websites, i have no idea; ever considered, i don't know, uploading a game to an actual game marketplace like itch?
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
steVeRoll
Party member

Post by steVeRoll »

The site they're selling it on seems to have a trend of low-quality games being sold for absurd prices... I'm not really sure what that's all about.
darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

Maybe this site sell games with copyrights, not just a games as game copy?
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
_PC-Expert_
Prole

Post by _PC-Expert_ »

I didn't take the Harvard course. I don't know. But I wanted to share it, believing that it would be good. I am following a course from Udemy. Good education.

I know about Itch.io. However, I am not a member yet. I will look at it in time.
Envato is a big market. There is a quality control. Codecanyon section is also good. I didn't have much anyway. Itch.io seems to be more free. However, Codecanyon is better quality than I have seen.

Yes, all products have licenses with Envato. However, products such as the Excel program, which is also in my profile, only contain executable files. For HTML5, only files to be uploaded to the site can be published. Of course, again under license.

I thank my friends who tried to help for the answers.
I also wanted to share the game as code. In order to make changes within the scope of the license and to be useful to others. I am happy here in general. I will look at other places over time.

Even if the prices of products are expensive on Envato, there are discounts from time to time. I will too from time to time. Stay tuned.
_PC-Expert_
Prole

Re: I published my first game with Love2d - Fire at Will (with source code)

Post by _PC-Expert_ »

Fire at Will is on sale for one month. I wanted to announce it to you too. I wish you good forums.
Bobble68
Party member

Post by Bobble68 »

If this is your first Love2D game, I don't want to lay it on you too hard, but... even on sale that pricing is a joke.

I get that you're offering the rights to use code the elsewhere and not just selling the copy, but this is an extremely easy program to put together - I could probably put something similar together in less than hour. If you're going to sell it, I would recommend drastically reducing your asking price, though even then I wouldn't rate your chances getting customers.

(P.S. I am more than willing to put my money where my mouth is and make it in less than an hour)
Dragon
_PC-Expert_
Prole

Post by _PC-Expert_ »

I halved the price of the product. Currently, it is on sale for a month at this price. I also mentioned future updates in the notes section of the product. Anyone who wishes can read it from there.

Stay tuned. I wish you good forums.