LÖVE for the Switch

Discuss any ports of LÖVE to different platforms.
Epitoaster
Prole

Re: LÖVE for the Switch

Post by Epitoaster »

Pocket Rumble is on switch, Pocket Rumble is made in LÖVE so therefore LÖVE is on nintendo switch.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Not really. But it does means that porting LÖVE to Switch is well within the grasp of a normal programmer.
aidalgol
Prole

Post by aidalgol »

gingerbeardman wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:22 pm
alloyed wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:29 pm
Positive07 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:34 am It may be easier though for game developers to port their games to the aforementioned consoles by porting LÖVE to use Nintendo's SDK, but they will have to do it on their own and won't be able to share that development publicly (much less as open source)
Depends on what you mean by share, I'd guess. You could always publicly say, "I have a port, if you've signed the nintendo NDA you can email me for the code". So it'd be like open source but only within the secret club.
this is exactly how it works.
Oh good, I was under the impression that even this was forbidden by the NDA.
Tassilo
Prole

Post by Tassilo »

So I take it there's no news related to LÖVE on the switch? I tried contacting the Pocket Rumble team both by Twitter and EMail, but unfortunately didn't get any response.
Tassilo
Prole

Post by Tassilo »

Being a Switch-dev with SDK and a devkit, wouldn't it be possible to recompile Love for the switch? Anyone any idea how the workflow of this might look like? How would I be launching .love files?
EliterScripts
Citizen

Post by EliterScripts »

Just out of pure curiosity, does the Nintendo Switch non-disclosure agreement allow for developers to communicate and share with other developers that have also signed the NDA? If so, is there a way to check and verify that someone else has signed the NDA? If so, is it possible for LOVE developers to host a "hidden" or "secluded" section of the website dedicated to people putting their LOVE games on the Nintendo Switch?
gg
Prole

Post by gg »

This is a GREAT idea! If you LÖVELY people want to get a group together then I will help you get it done! :awesome: :crazy:
gianmichele
Citizen

Post by gianmichele »

Per FNA documentation:

"While there is no special code needed for Nintendo Switch support (100% of the platform code is in SDL and BRUTE, two separate projects), all consulting and documentation is private, per NDA requirements."

https://github.com/FNA-XNA/FNA/wiki/App ... n-Consoles

I was wondering if a similar arrangement could be done for LÖVE? @slime?
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

I'm not currently in a position where I could personally provide that type of service (both because I don't have access to a Switch at home to port love to, and because my full-time day job is a similar line of work), but that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't be able to do it.
DerpChest
Prole

Post by DerpChest »

Actually, The game "Move or Die" made it's way to PS4, and it is a love game, also I saw someone port love into the switch once