Ravag3Ritual LFG need a programmer

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Ravag3
Prole

Ravag3Ritual LFG need a programmer

Post by Ravag3 »

Hello...I would like to assemble a team of artist together to make a revolutionary MMORPG. I am curious if this engine is capable of any sort of MMO and also if there are any active game developers out there willing to work hard. I need a serious RPG-ologist here...
thanks for reading if I can catch anyone attention we can go from there...
Email me if you've got anything to say ravag3ritual@gmail.com
Follow the ritual
http://ravag3.blogspot.com/
Lap
Party member

Re: Ravag3Ritual LFG need a programmer

Post by Lap »

Haven't seen one of these here in awhile. Gives me a good chuckle every time.
Ensayia
Party member

Post by Ensayia »

The chances of you getting any dedicated help with no information, no plan, nothing to show what you can do and no community involvement or trust are practically... no definitely, zero.

Start on a small project, learn some LOVE, get involved with the community and gain some respect. Even then if your peers choose to help you, it will be nothing close to the amount of help it takes to make a game on the MMO scale.
bartoleo
Party member

Post by bartoleo »

pay attention to 'large' projects....
make smaller projects, prototypes... etc. etc. etc.

read this
http://www.irrlicht3d.org/pivot/entry.php?id=1153
Bartoleo
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

I always knew these people would find their way into the LÖVE Club eventually, but still, I can't help but feel like this place has been tainted. It's like it's lost its innocence. :(
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Like it's no longer a virgin?
tentus
Inner party member

Post by tentus »

nevon wrote:I always knew these people would find their way into the LÖVE Club eventually, but still, I can't help but feel like this place has been tainted. It's like it's lost its innocence. :(
Like it's been... ravag3d?
Kurosuke needs beta testers
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Jasoco wrote:Like it's no longer a virgin?
I can think of some other events that have taken place here that made it lose its innocence. (For example, bartbes joining. ;))
Help us help you: attach a .love.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

:roll: Seems MMORPGs, or some other mash of categories with MMO and RPG in it, are the games everyone wants to make these days. Anyway, as said, you're going to need heck load more information if anyone's going to help out.
Ravag3
Prole

Post by Ravag3 »

Oh no... Firstly allow me to appologise for tge act of 'Trolling' ...I'm not sure what that means but I hate trolls so I will try very hard not to be one in the future.
Thank you for the advice about multiple small projects first and then bring them all together later... I have a few very good artists at my disposal so I'm not all by myself exactly.

The main idea should be pretty easy so let's start with that. The main thing that I want is a game based on collecting information and then putting it to use, say to craft items or get to a secret place...most games are mindless hacking and slashing I want this to be better. Make our users think and invest time to play. So our characters start out all but naked with no skills or stats. They can't do much at lvl 1 except noon quests which will unlock different attributes ( strenght dexterity and the like) and skills. They get to start the game with a small digital memory unit. This unit is the crutial part of character development. Players will have to obtain letters to form into words before they can use a skill. So if you wanted to hit an enemy the player would have to find the letters 'h' 'i' and 't' to input into their memory unit and if that word is in the game dictionary that user will unlock a skill or improve the chance of success for that skill...

If you have ever played ParallelKingdom on a mobile device then you know how simple I would like the game to look
and play...

I've got to get to my mundane kitchen job here shortly...hope that is better or at least a start
thanks for the positive criticism and I hope I have sparked someone interest
Follow the ritual
http://ravag3.blogspot.com/