[LD29] In Hiding

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Sheepolution
Party member

[LD29] In Hiding

Post by Sheepolution »

Hiding in to the cellar, waiting her husband to returns, is a woman with her 2 children. She was instructed by her husband to remain silent. But the children are young, and need food and love. Can you take care of your children, while making sure not to be found?

I'm happy with the result. I think I have something innovative, and in a whole different style than most submissions. I wish I had more time to balance, because I'm still not sure about that. I feel like the game is too easy now.

Ludum Dare (and download) page
baconhawka7x
Party member

Re: [LD29] In Hiding

Post by baconhawka7x »

I seem to be stuck in an infinite loop at the beginning:P But the art looks nice! And I like what I know of the idea so far.
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

Hu? That's weird. .love or .exe?
baconhawka7x
Party member

Post by baconhawka7x »

Sheepolution wrote:Hu? That's weird. .love or .exe?
it was a .love, I'm on mac so it was all I could download :P
Puzzlem00n
Party member

Post by Puzzlem00n »

Pretty nice, man.You set a pretty good mood, and better yet, it isn't the "I'M SO SAD AND ALONE" type that nearly every other moody Ludum Dare game has.

I'm a huge fan of minimalist games, and well, this is one. So yay. I do, however, question the choice of right-click menus as a main control scheme-- I probably would have done something like, I don't know, a tooltip when you mouse over something you do something to and you doing that when you click it. And the menu would only come up if there was more that one action. If that makes sense. And it would be nice if there was some indicator when you can't currently perform an action. I hated trying to turn off the light while finishing hugging my daughter and then finding out that my command didn't register because I wasn't done hugging. Come to think of it, you could probably just make the mother turn off the light immediately after the hugging finished. But yeah, I'm nitpicking, good work.

P.S. Thanks for putting the LÖVE logo in your intros. =) Hopefully it's sending more people over here.
I LÖVE, therefore I am.
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

Thanks! I agree with most of the flaws you describe. But I was short on time to notice these flaws. The action B after action A thing is something I considered, and would've been nice, but I prioritized other things.
Katamori
Prole

Post by Katamori »

Great game, heavy atmosphere and nice graphics! Also, I laughed as hell on your avatar. :D

EDIT: hmmmm, I also checked your website, you have soe great stuff! I'll definitely remember your name. :P
not active here anymore
Sheepolution
Party member

Post by Sheepolution »

Thanks! And I will do my best to make you see my name again in the future!