Somebody helps me out with the performance problem?

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
liyonglove2d
Prole

Re: Somebody helps me out with the performance problem?

Post by liyonglove2d »

arampl wrote:Hi there, it's me again.
liyonglove2d, if you accept, two advices:

1. If you ever plan to translate your game onto other languages, or give that chance to others, you'd better organize all text messages in separate files as variables. This way people who will translate your game will not have to deal with source code at all (and you can keep it closed if you want).

2. At first launch screen freezes for several seconds. It would have more professional look, if you first load and draw some splash screen then load all other stuff. And during loading also show progress bar. I see you already use coroutines, so you should know how to implement this.

Best regards.
1. I don't expect this game to be welcomed as it's kind of my second game( The first one was never finished :( ), so it's probably unnecessary to do the translation. I'm just trying to learn more about how to build a playable game :)
I'll do that if there're players who think it's necessary ^^
2. There's a state file logo.lua in the project, and it shows a splash screen :). I'll combine the 'loading' state and 'logo' state when the game is done, and add a progress bar or something to the combined state.
As for the screen freezes, it can be solved by more frequent coroutine switching, I think. Haven't tried that though :o: