DeerHunter1066 v1.2 UPDATE!

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
coffee
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066

Post by coffee »

Thank you for hard mode. It's a more challeging mode. why not also a medium mode that recharges bows but let fire to all sides?
I got to level 90 and give up totally bored. Don't know if I will handle stay awake (or my arm without pain) till to lvl 110 and 200 just to see new weapons. I will try... :D
quake mode is fun but start about lvl 20 or something like that sadly never apears again.
nice update stone.
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

The weapons are actually awarded on sprees so its possible to get the first upgrade on level 15 but taking damage takes away alot of your spree points, and yeah after 150 spree the quake noises stop haha, i might spread them out more cause atm they are a bit rediculous in the early levels.

Other than adding some health and another enemy type (stags that take more than one shot and move towards you) i think ive pretty much stretched this simple game idea as far as it will go. After the final update with the last few things I probably wont work on another quick game until the demo of Audiotree is out.
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:The weapons are actually awarded on sprees so its possible to get the first upgrade on level 15 but taking damage takes away alot of your spree points, and yeah after 150 spree the quake noises stop haha, i might spread them out more cause atm they are a bit rediculous in the early levels.

Other than adding some health and another enemy type (stags that take more than one shot and move towards you) i think ive pretty much stretched this simple game idea as far as it will go. After the final update with the last few things I probably wont work on another quick game until the demo of Audiotree is out.
Ah ok "high spree level" and not "level" itself. I thought there were some special weapons that not dualcaster and tricaster
nofunanymore.png
ok... no fun anymore got to level 130 and got tired... :)

EDITED: Btw do you know Love Achievments library?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9286
Ellohir
Party member

Post by Ellohir »

I like how I get the end screen and then I can keep shooting and kill the deers that have killed me :awesome: And I get points for it!! :crazy: :crazy:
StoneCrow
Party member

Post by StoneCrow »

yeah left that in for sneaky scorers haha
Dull but sincere filler.
Hampton Bay
Prole

Post by Hampton Bay »

Haha, great
but yes i do agree with one of the above posts about maybe having the colours kept seperate maybe?
since there are so already too close in shape
Why http://www.hamptonbay-lighting.net?
...How many auto mechanics does it take to change a Light bulb?
Two, one to screw in all the bulbs he has until he finds one that fits, and the other to tell you he thinks he'll have to replace the whole system
StoneCrow
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066 beta of 0.9!

Post by StoneCrow »

Just got back from a week away and thought I would give you guys a preview of the next version of this game, the download link is on the frontpage! Now the colours are set to a standard that will never go low contrast with the background and bears are added aswell as highscores. The bears add alot of difficulty to hard mode and i need to tweak them a little still.

Also to clarify the "S" powerups add alot to your spree (this is the all important number in hard mode) and 10 to your health aswell as a possible full 10 to the speed everything moves at in game, this speed modification is changed throughout the levels until at level 50 and above it becomes negative and starts slowing the game as a powerup.
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066 beta of 0.9!

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:Just got back from a week away and thought I would give you guys a preview of the next version of this game, the download link is on the frontpage! Now the colours are set to a standard that will never go low contrast with the background and bears are added aswell as highscores. The bears add alot of difficulty to hard mode and i need to tweak them a little still.

Also to clarify the "S" powerups add alot to your spree (this is the all important number in hard mode) and 10 to your health aswell as a possible full 10 to the speed everything moves at in game, this speed modification is changed throughout the levels until at level 50 and above it becomes negative and starts slowing the game as a powerup.
Hi Stone, nice update specially for color system and the bears (but probably now DeerHunter title don't make perfect justice). About the speedups honestly I don't spent much time or risk to catch them. The real "power-up" I still can't live without is tricaster! :D
StoneCrow
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066 0.9 full!

Post by StoneCrow »

Okay now ive just changed the download to the full version of 0.9 i added to indiedb recently.
I've also made the unfinished tutorial im writing available recently
http://www.indiedb.com/company/obscure- ... e-tutorial

Lets get the ball rolling on these highscores, heres the best i can do on hardmode and normal.
dh9.png
dh9.png (18.92 KiB) Viewed 4581 times
Dull but sincere filler.
coffee
Party member

Re: DeerHunter1066 0.9 full!

Post by coffee »

StoneCrow wrote:Lets get the ball rolling on these highscores, heres the best i can do on hardmode and normal.
dh9.png
I have doubts that is the best you can do. Well I do a bit better (as you can see in screenshot)! But I post this screen because not sure if a bug or not. Sometimes I get pushed out of screen.
bug.png