What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Ryne
Party member

What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Ryne »

DominusTrex
@rynesaur
zac352
Party member

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by zac352 »

I've been working on the Nintendo Rangers Engine. It's overcomplicated, and I can use it for just about everything. :P
Hello, I am not dead.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

I've been working on supporting __index metamethod from middleclass (so classes have a 'method to call when they don't have a method). I'm trying to accomplish it before thelinx sends two Big Angry Guys With Baseball Bats to my place to break my legs.

It is thoughter than it seems, mainly because I already use __index to do stuff - I have several, in fact. And I don't find an obvious place to put the additional one. And I'm scared of the Big Angry Guys.

I have no picture to show. Do you want to see a picture of my cat? She's very cute. But she sleeps too much.
When I write def I mean function.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

I'm working on trying desperately to pass one of my courses in cognitive science. Currently trying to describe the cognitive processes related to perception during a discussion between two humans, and how we could use this knowledge when trying to build more life-like robots.
Ryne
Party member

Post by Ryne »

kikito wrote: I have no picture to show. Do you want to see a picture of my cat? She's very cute. But she sleeps too much.
Would I Ever!
nevon wrote:I'm working on trying desperately to pass one of my courses in cognitive science. Currently trying to describe the cognitive processes related to perception during a discussion between two humans, and how we could use this knowledge when trying to build more life-like robots.
Sounds intense :?. I like how you didn't say that you were "Trying Desperately", but that you were "Working, on trying, to pass." Are you a procrastinator like me :o ?
@rynesaur
thelinx
The Strongest

Post by thelinx »

kikito wrote:thelinx sends two Big Angry Guys With Baseball Bats to my place to break my legs.
Just one phone call.
nevon

Post by nevon »

Ryne wrote:Sounds intense :?. I like how you didn't say that you were "Trying Desperately", but that you were "Working, on trying, to pass." Are you a procrastinator like me :o ?
Heh. I am a hopeless procrastinator when I don't have strict deadlines. However, I've somehow managed to make myself work. Right now I'm trying to find out how the hell cognitive processes related to reasoning fit into a discussion, and how that can be applied to robots. My biggest problem right now is that I'm literally months behind the rest of the group, and since this is a group assignment I need to find something to write that no one else has already written about.
zac352
Party member

Post by zac352 »

kikito wrote:I've been working on supporting __index metamethod from middleclass (so classes have a 'method to call when they don't have a method). I'm trying to accomplish it before thelinx sends two Big Angry Guys With Baseball Bats to my place to break my legs.

It is thoughter than it seems, mainly because I already use __index to do stuff - I have several, in fact. And I don't find an obvious place to put the additional one. And I'm scared of the Big Angry Guys.

I have no picture to show. Do you want to see a picture of my cat? She's very cute. But she sleeps too much.
Maybe I should now pass on some wisdom passed on too me: start over. It's too complicated. :P
Hello, I am not dead.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

nevon wrote:Since this is a group assignment I need to find something to write that no one else has already written about.
Has your group already written about the Savant syndrome? Robots interacting with humans are actually quite similar to Savants. They have similar strengths, and similar limitations. Daniel Tammet's an excellent case study (since, you know, he can talk and everything). They've done a couple documentaries about him and everything. You can make a very multimedia work.

(Incidentally, is LÖVE somehow related with Mänti, BTW?)
Ryne wrote:Would I Ever!
I'm not familiar enough with that English expression. I can detect some emphasis, but I'm not sure it is positive or negative.
thelinx wrote:Just one phone call.
Glups.
When I write def I mean function.
nevon

Post by nevon »

kikito wrote:Has your group already written about the Savant syndrome? Robots interacting with humans are actually quite similar to Savants. They have similar strengths, and similar limitations. Daniel Tammet's an excellent case study (since, you know, he can talk and everything). They've done a couple documentaries about him and everything. You can make a very multimedia work.
It wasn't supposed to be a case study, but rather a general overview of how these different kinds of cognitive processes are used, and how we can better emulate them in robots.

I solved my problem by simply commenting on what other people had already written and writing the same things but with different words. :crazy: