LÖVE-Jam 1 [VOTING]

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.

Vote for the Best Game!

Legend of Bartbes
17%
Lovely Space Program
10%
SpaceHeist
10%
Dimensionaut
48%
AsterVoid
14%

Total votes: 29

Davidobot
Party member

Re: LÖVE-Jam 1

Post by Davidobot »

Germanunkol wrote:
Jeeper wrote:Is posting over? I must say it is a disappointing number who participated :/...
Hm... I don't know. For the first Love Jam in a long time, I think so many very playable games are quite nice. I remember competitions on other forums with less entries, even though they had large prices.
I think so too. 5 Entries for a competition that was announced a week before it's start is pretty good.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Jeeper
Party member

Re: LÖVE-Jam 1

Post by Jeeper »

Davidobot wrote:
Germanunkol wrote:
Jeeper wrote:Is posting over? I must say it is a disappointing number who participated :/...
Hm... I don't know. For the first Love Jam in a long time, I think so many very playable games are quite nice. I remember competitions on other forums with less entries, even though they had large prices.
I think so too. 5 Entries for a competition that was announced a week before it's start is pretty good.
Well it was fun at least, and I guess that was the main thing :).
Jeeper
Party member

Re: LÖVE-Jam 1 [VOTING]

Post by Jeeper »

I hope everyone follows the unwritten rule of not voting for themselves. Else it would kind of defeate the purpose.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Jeeper wrote:I hope everyone follows the unwritten rule of not voting for themselves. Else it would kind of defeate the purpose.
yeah, i didn't vote for my game :awesome:
Mermersk
Party member

Post by Mermersk »

I have yet to try all the entries, but I will and then cast my vote for the one I like best :awesome: . I was/and am woking on a space related game, but unfortunately I got busy during the weekend and the days that follow. I will post the game perhaps on the Löve forums after a few days when it's in a okay playable state.
Plu
Inner party member

Post by Plu »

Yeah unfortunately real life got in the way for me as well :( But I did play and vote. Some of these were really cool :)
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

I think it would be nice if people wrote small "This is what I voted and why" posts. For the next LoveJam I also suggest that the only way to vote is to type and not a poll.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Jeeper wrote:I think it would be nice if people wrote small "This is what I voted and why" posts. For the next LoveJam I also suggest that the only way to vote is to type and not a poll.
What do you mean "to type and not a poll"? How will that work?
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

People will actually have to explain why they voted the game they chose, they don't have to do it now so they can easily vote their own game just to win
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

Nixola wrote:People will actually have to explain why they voted the game they chose, they don't have to do it now so they can easily vote their own game just to win
in normal democratic elections this is not needed.