Decided to move on to 2d game making

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
SuperScourge
Prole

Decided to move on to 2d game making

Post by SuperScourge »

I'm holding off the Command & Conquer game engine for a bit until I can figure out the way how the point and click works and I'm moving on to make a cool Sonic game of my own and I'm heading no where in the engine I'm still at the blank side

here's the phyics guide I've gotten from Sonic Retro and it confusing me to build a workable phyics engine for my Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 combined engine

here it is - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s111/sh/ ... 79385fd6bf

This is the full phyics guide/notes that I need to code in lua and also this is featuring a Sonic CD time Traveling engine as well, but that will be added later when I get the phyics engine or Sonic hybrid engine (as I call this engine) ready for the main gameplay.

Here's the Main.lua file for the game it's just empty

Code: Select all

--[[You may modify the game's files as long you do it under the 

the share license to share-alike and the other stuff within the license now have fun using my game's code
as long you don't mess it around too much!]]

function love.load()

end		

function love.draw()

end
function love.update()

end

--Required Lua Files--

--require "Time Travel" --empty for now (Disabled in Beta Demo)
require "Hybrid Sonic Engine"
--require "intro" --empty for now
--require "cut scene" --empty for now
require "Time Travel Debug" --Special Beta Demo Debugger code for Future Time Periods Experimenting
you see other lua files because those are my separate helper files so it's not in the game engine itself making clutter it's much almost like Mari0's in a way. I've made post it notes to help me along on what I want in this Sonic game.

temp link - https://www.evernote.com/shard/s111/sh/ ... 13db6b346f (this will change if I make more post it notes to my board on the post it notes Plus app on my iPod Touch.)

If anyone can work with me like on skype let me know by messaging me here with yer skype I'l be glad to share my screen with ya and have BBedit open and we can work from there.

this is the main engine on where it's going I call it the Hybrid Sonic Engine

Code: Select all

--[[Hybrid Sonic Engine - this will mimic two Sonic Games which are Sonic 1 and 2.
each one will need to be built from scratch to replicate the old Two Sonic games.
While the Time Travel Mechanics are in a separate lua file]]

--Where the magic begins for the game

function love.load()

end		

function love.draw()

end
function love.update()

end

I might had put this in the wrong section of the forum, my bad....been long I was here.
artofwork
Citizen

Re: Decided to move on to 2d game making

Post by artofwork »

The hardest part about making anything is starting :D
Zilarrezko
Party member

Post by Zilarrezko »

Command & Conquer game engine you say?
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

artofwork wrote:The hardest part about making anything is starting :D
I disagree, I have over 10 projects that I just started and then forgot about.
SuperScourge
Prole

Post by SuperScourge »

Zilarrezko wrote:Command & Conquer game engine you say?
Yeah based around Red Alert's but still trying to code the basic click and point function like you click on a solider and you point where wanna them to go pretty much gotten errors I'll check later on.
jjmafiae wrote:
artofwork wrote:The hardest part about making anything is starting :D
I disagree, I have over 10 projects that I just started and then forgot about.
huh?? I've got like got five still empty as I fiddle around with love 2d more one was gonna be a FPS 2.5D but decided to make it a side scroller soon. trying to figure out what to do first for the main physics of Sonic the hedgehog and use sonic 1 and 2 combined and 2.5D has to be into play for sonic 2 special stage might split that into another file if I have to.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Physics_Guide so where I have to start with this guide from Sonic Retro?