New Icons

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
zorg
Party member

Re: New Icons

Post by zorg »

Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

Quick update: now configurable and in proper module form, check out the repo.

Leave demo running to see the 3 preconfigured demo examples or press any key to skip to the next one.
Attachments
splashes.love
(58.09 KiB) Downloaded 151 times

s-ol.nu /blog  -  p.s-ol.be /st8.lua  -  g.s-ol.be /gtglg /curcur

Code: Select all

print( type(love) )
if false then
  baby:hurt(me)
end
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

S0lll0s wrote:Quick update: now configurable and in proper module form, check out the repo.

Leave demo running to see the 3 preconfigured demo examples or press any key to skip to the next one.
Did you make escape to quit?
Fenrir
Party member

Post by Fenrir »

Wow amazing job guys, I really love the splash screens (with a small preference on the black version)! I can't stop watching it looping... :)
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

bobbyjones wrote:
S0lll0s wrote:Quick update: now configurable and in proper module form, check out the repo.

Did you make escape to quit?
Probably not, and the scaling i implemented in the version i did didn't make it into the one on github; imho both could be options.
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

zorg wrote: Probably not, and the scaling i implemented in the version i did didn't make it into the one on github; imho both could be options.
Escape to quit is an implementation thing, not part of the splash screen, meaning it could not be an option, but it will be added to the demo main.lua.

EDIT: done.

print( type(love) )
if false then
end
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

Very nice icon, just need to get used to it. Keep thinking I have closed my Löve tab all the time :D
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Is there a way for a löve game to show the löve logo without adding it additionally to the game? Just by requesting it from löve runtime? This might be worth to add.
s-ol
Party member

Post by s-ol »

SiENcE wrote:Is there a way for a löve game to show the löve logo without adding it additionally to the game? Just by requesting it from löve runtime? This might be worth to add.
With all the assets already being b64-encoded and shipped with the executable, it definetely would be possible and I would find that pretty cool (perhaps in a new love module that you need to require on-demand?)

print( type(love) )
if false then
end
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

I'm not so sure, that's kinda trekking into the "engine-like" territory of things being pre-defined / supplied to you. I know it wouldn't be mandatory, but it'd still exist in there... idk, opinion. :v