Filesystem not working properly on Android?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Kingdaro
Party member

Filesystem not working properly on Android?

Post by Kingdaro »

Apologies in advance if there's a thread or issue on this and I've missed it. I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and I'm attempting to access the love2d save directory on both my phone and from my PC (Windows 10), but it doesn't seem to exist when I look through either of them.

The directory is reported as "/data/data/org.love2d.android/files/save/". The identity is set and I wrote to a file using love.filesystem.write, but it doesn't show up. The game is being run through the lovegame folder, and not through a .love, which I haven't tried yet.

I know the save directory works and exists on my phone because this game uses it to keep a high score.

Is this a known bug, or am I missing something here?
Last edited by Kingdaro on Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Filesystem not working properly on Android?

Post by pgimeno »

Kingdaro wrote:Apologies in advance if there's a thread or issue on this and I've missed it. I own a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, and I'm attempting to access the love2d save directory on both my phone and from my PC (Windows 10), but it doesn't seem to exist in either of them when I look.

The directory is reported as "/data/data/org.love2d.android/files/save/". The identity is set and I wrote to a file using love.filesystem.write, but it doesn't show up. The game is being run through the lovegame folder, and not through a .love, which I haven't tried yet.

I know the save directory works and exists on my phone because this game uses it to keep a high score.

Is this a known bug, or am I missing something here?
Given that it's not working on your PC either, I suspect it's a bug in your code.
Kingdaro
Party member

Post by Kingdaro »

No, I meant that I can't see the files on my phone when I look at them on my PC. The save directory works fine on my PC.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

So hooking up your phone to your pc, you can't see the phone's löve's save folder from the pc?
Can you see it / does it work (ie reload serialized stuff) on the phone itself though?
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Kingdaro
Party member

Post by Kingdaro »

Here's what the root path shows from my computer:

And from my phone:

In both cases, the 'data' folder looks like this: