Is it possible to load a game at certain points

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Darlex
Party member

Re: Is it possible to load a game at certain points

Post by Darlex »

ShadowTower wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:46 am Hi. I just wanted to know if there is a way to make states of a pre existing game so I could load certain menus without going through others. I want to make a modification of Sharp Objects Panel-Attack: https://github.com/sharpobject/panel-at ... HvUlFmYmeh
As you can see, the look of the game is kind of plain, like the font and menus, so I wanted to fix it up with some menu graphics and sounds, but another thing I really want to do is make a custom menu that will open certain menus in the pre existing game and not others. I also want to not include the pre existing characters and instead add a mode where custom characters are batteled in a certain order, like a story mode.
I'm new to lua but I'm learning a lot of it trying to do this. So my question is, how can I create a menu so that when certain things are selected it will load say the difficulty/speed screen in the original game? And how could create a mode that loads certain puzzles in a certain order?
I know this might be big question, and I am planning on studying more lua, but I think its really valuable to know some pro advice. :3
Is possible, love can do most things that another frameworks and engines can do.
The problem is that you need to code everything by yourself (or sometimes there is a function that do the thing you want...)
Hi! I wish you have an amazing day!