LUBE (Networking Library)

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Sparx
Party member

Re: LUBE (Networking Library) v0.6 + LUBE-X v0.02

Post by Sparx »

Seems solved.. if you have too much time or don't know what to do a simple broadcast would be nice in LUBE just for the completeness of it.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: LUBE (Networking Library) v0.6.1 + LUBE-X v0.02

Post by bartbes »

New version, small change, added a check if a client exists, before attempting to send data (and failing).

EDIT: Moved the file back to the first post.
Magitek
Prole

Post by Magitek »

This has been most useful thanks, however I can't seem to get TCP to actually transmit anything.
Do I need to be doing more than just changing init to ("tcp")?

edit: It took longer than I liked but I found acceptall() was necessary in the server loop
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

I would've replied earlier if I knew those things and didn't have to look them up, well I'm glad you found it, and hope you will find some good use for LUBE.
stampede
Prole

Post by stampede »

So LUBE is ready for tcp and udp?

Just thinking about online game (not yet planning to actually write it), but I need tcp for it!

EDIT: Read through the LUBE.lua, and looks really sweet. It's a lot better to have all things in one file, than client.lua and server.lua. Makes things simpler. This doesn't need any additional .dll provided with the final game .exe? Or am I wrong?

Seems to be fairly simple to use all these. Have to try to do somekind of demo so I can see if it's really that simple :D

EDIT2:
Forgot to ask; is this written for löve 0.6, or 0.5? Not sure if LUBE version number goes with the Löve version number.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

It has tcp, it is lua only, so doesn't need an extra dll, and is written for 0.5.0, however, because I don't actually use love itself (IIRC) you should be able to run it on 0.6.0 without any problems.
stampede
Prole

Post by stampede »

Oh, I read that it has a bug or something that prevents the system to have more than one client per IP. What does this mean and is that information old? Does this mean that I can't have more than one client connecting to the server using LUBE?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

You can, the clients can't have the same IP (yet), good thing you reminded me, I might look into it tomorrow.
stampede
Prole

Post by stampede »

Ah, so it handles all the data coming from one ip as a one client? Which means if you play with your friends in lan on a outside server, it handles all players as one client?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Yes, but it will handle the connect/disconnect messages the same way, so for an even number of clients the server acts as if there is nobody connected.