The Nuclear USSR [Version 7]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
NightKawata
Party member

Re: The Nuclear USSR [Open Beta] [UPDATED]

Post by NightKawata »

No. It shows the bounding box of the zombies (which is a terrible one at that) and their state. That is not how targeting goggles should work.
"I view Python for game usage about the same as going fishing with a stick of dynamite. It will do the job but it's big, noisy, you'll probably get soaking wet and you've still got to get the damn fish out of the water." -taylor
jjmafiae
Party member

Re: The Nuclear USSR [Open Beta] [UPDATED]

Post by jjmafiae »

NightKawata wrote:No. It shows the bounding box of the zombies (which is a terrible one at that) and their state. That is not how targeting goggles should work.
GOD DAMN KAWATA WATCH THE INTRO TO "WARHAMMER 40K DAWN OF WAR: DARK CRUSADE" THEN YOU WILL KNOW WHERE I GOT MY INSPIRATION FROM!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa6F-DuVmIo
Davidobot
Party member

Re: The Nuclear USSR [Version 7]

Post by Davidobot »

Updated the main post.
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

there should not be alot of bugs left now, i only know one bug myself
jasonisop
Citizen

Post by jasonisop »

Tanks still die from zombies, your in a tank how is a zombie killing you.
Still only shoots in the four directions.
Still has a un needed loading screen - load what you need on the fly not all at once.
Still has some ungodly splash/cutscene that adds nothing to the game.

not to be rude but you have still not fixed any bugs that the user sees.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

jasonisop wrote:Tanks still die from zombies, your in a tank how is a zombie killing you.
will be changed very soon :crazy:
jasonisop wrote: Still only shoots in the four directions.
it would take long time to change the whole bullet and weapon system, i might look at this later on
jasonisop wrote: Still has a un needed loading screen - load what you need on the fly not all at once.
thats not true, our map generation system needs loading time but i might cut it down a bit ^^
jasonisop wrote: Still has some ungodly splash/cutscene that adds nothing to the game.
sorry, so many bugs i needed to fix first :|

thanks for the feed back, its gold worth
jasonisop
Citizen

Post by jasonisop »

jjmafiae wrote:it would take long time to change the whole bullet and weapon system, i might look at this later on
this is what people expect in a top down shooter it work on this first if it was my game.
jjmafiae wrote:thats not true, our map generation system needs loading time but i might cut it down a bit
Why are you generating maps before the user decides where to go? Have it create them when the user picks a place, it will spread out the load times and make the game more enjoyable.
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

jasonisop wrote:
jjmafiae wrote:it would take long time to change the whole bullet and weapon system, i might look at this later on
this is what people expect in a top down shooter it work on this first if it was my game.
jjmafiae wrote:thats not true, our map generation system needs loading time but i might cut it down a bit
Why are you generating maps before the user decides where to go? Have it create them when the user picks a place, it will spread out the load times and make the game more enjoyable.
the maps are not 100% generated in start, a few other things are picked later in the game

and the shooting thing is because when i started the development (8 months ago) i didn't have the skill to create such a system... so yeah
RunningGamesStudios
Prole

Post by RunningGamesStudios »

jjmafiae wrote:
jasonisop wrote:
the maps are not 100% generated in start, a few other things are picked later in the game

and the shooting thing is because when i started the development (8 months ago) i didn't have the skill to create such a system... so yeah
Then it would probably be better to rewrite the whole thing.

Yes, it will take time but it will be a better game in the long run.

EDIT: fixed typo
jasonisop
Citizen

Post by jasonisop »

I think starting over from scratch would be a great idea. I have had to do that from time to time, in the end the project was better because of it.
You would be able to take into account the issues players have with the game as it is and it will be easier to create it that way instead of working around what you have all ready done to make it work that way.

I have scrapped my RPG project 4 times now completly re-writing, each time getting better results then the last.