The Nuclear USSR [Version 7]

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Zer0
Citizen

Re: The Nuclear USSR [Version 7]

Post by Zer0 »

jjmafiae wrote:
NightKawata wrote:what

this isn't minecraft, this isn't terraria, this isn't a roguelike (oh wait nethack loads faster than this)
in fact the maps don't even look complex at all

you're clearly doing something extremely sluggish or just plain bad if a roguelike in which everything is random does a better job.
and uh, you're better off rewriting everything.
the loading time in the new version is about 8 secounds, Löviet
WHAT!? 8 WHOLE SECONDS?!, I modified your code a little and now it's below 1 second, even had it skip the mini game in the begining, You couldnt play it for very long so there was no point in keeping it. I would have to you what I did but Susan wanted you to figure it out yourself.
If you can't fix it, Kill it with fire. ( Preferably before it lays eggs. )
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

i may use this mini game in another mode in the game, and then reduce the loading time more but for now the loading will be 8 seconds
Zer0
Citizen

Post by Zer0 »

jjmafiae wrote:i may use this mini game in another mode in the game, and then reduce the loading time more but for now the loading will be 8 seconds
You do know loading time is usually spent LOADING stuff and not just ... nothing... right?
Also most people try to shorten (or even prevent!) loading times instead of just making one that does nothing.
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Zer0 wrote:
jjmafiae wrote:i may use this mini game in another mode in the game, and then reduce the loading time more but for now the loading will be 8 seconds
You do know loading time is usually spent LOADING stuff and not just ... nothing... right?
Also most people try to shorten (or even prevent!) loading times instead of just making one that does nothing.
Well during the loading time it checked for intersections in the map, to prevent overlapping. :ehem:
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Zer0
Citizen

Post by Zer0 »

Davidobot wrote:
Zer0 wrote:
Well during the loading time it checked for intersections in the map, to prevent overlapping. :ehem:
Why not just do that once instead of every frame for 8 seconds? considering the average framerate is around 60 and 60*8 = 480 you could do all those updates once, they're not performance demanding or anything.
for i = 1, 480 do loading(1/60) end
jjmafiae
Party member

Post by jjmafiae »

pre-release version for google chrome: http://geggames.com/betav8chrome.love
(note it requires loveliness extension)
(note it do not have mod support)

have fun :ultraglee: