love.physics + LUBE = freeze world:update()

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ArchAngel075
Party member

love.physics + LUBE = freeze world:update()

Post by ArchAngel075 »

In insanityGames (and ALL other projects using LUBE) i am experiencing the following issue which is griding all progress to a hault.

In my projects i have never experienced such an issue before, the issue is my client REFUSES to render anything new than the last frame once my physics objects exceed 25-30 in total, and stays frozen until the amount drops below 25.

I have experienced this in 3 projects, each using LUBE and I only ever achieved such a freeze when rendering 10,000 8x8 squares with static red color-
YET the 10,000 caused LAG not a total freeze and LUBE was not used.

I proved that it is update as i still get console messages of new objects (love.physics objects) being created when it is still frozen, BUT i get no collision messages related to the new objects, and the new objects only spontaneously appear if i kill off older objects.

For instance, i fire 20 bullets with no lag whatsover, bullets auto die in 10 seconds.
Next i fire 25 bullets then another 20, that is 15-20 bullets during a freeze > frozen for enough time to kill first 20, then suddenly the next 20 are created and die 10 seconds later... the next 20 spawn as-if there was no lag whatsoever and i had simply paused world:update()

Next drawing freezez clientside, now i draw physics objects by getting thier Polygon-Cords via :

Code: Select all

function Entity:getPolyTable()
 return {self.body:getWorldPoints(self.shape:getPoints())}
end
this with some translation to the cords and pushed into love.graphics.polygon renders my objects perfectly.

Im at a loss for why going over ~25 objects is causing this, i have not checked if size of bullets affect anything yet so ill update post once i do thorough tests.