TLTools

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

TLTools

Post by Taehl »

These are some handy tools I've written and/or maintain. Currently, I have a super-simple and utterly fast table serializer, and string compressor. Use the two of these together, and you can efficiently save tables to your hard drive, or send them across a network.

The TLTools GitHub page has downloads and documentation.

Feel free to suggest improvements or request new tools.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Lap
Party member

Re: TLTools

Post by Lap »

Awesome. Just yesterday I asked the channel if anyone had any string compression and I got nothing.

I remember downloading that TLib library, but it had so much World of Warcraft specific shit in it I didn't want to bother. Thanks a lot.

As for the table serializer, I just ported over Lua Object Notation. It does a better job at making more compact strings of big tables, but the strings themselves aren't compressed.

http://pastebin.com/9aQHv2DN
Someguynamedpie
Citizen

Post by Someguynamedpie »

That looks alot like the glon Divran made from glon. I didnt think ya made it
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Wait, you're accusing me of... What, exactly? I don't have any form of LON in TLTools...
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.