Cu63 (game-a-week #02)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
georgeprosser
Citizen

Cu63 (game-a-week #02)

Post by georgeprosser »

Hello! There's been a pretty long gap this game and my last, but I made this game in a week so I'm counting it!

Cu63 is a puzzle game where you must connect pairs of nodes on a circuit board. The concept was copied from the game Flow Free. There are 100 levels of increasing difficulty.

You can download an executable for Windows or OS X here:
http://gprosser.itch.io/cu63

Or grab the .love:
Cu63.love
(82.55 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
davisdude
Party member

Re: Cu63 (game-a-week #02)

Post by davisdude »

Nice job! One slight problem is that when you cross a path (even if you do not release left mouse) the path you cross is completely removed.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

Nice game. Even works on Android. But I couldn't find the quit button. Other than that it is a nice game.
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Very nice. Love the minimalism.

It gets boring quick. I think the easiest first measure to prolong interest is to add music.

http://youtu.be/ADGRBwNcWqA
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
georgeprosser
Citizen

Post by georgeprosser »

bobbyjones wrote:Nice game. Even works on Android. But I couldn't find the quit button. Other than that it is a nice game.
Woah how did you get it running on Android?!

(Sorry about the quit button, I thought it would only be running in windowed mode)
georgeprosser
Citizen

Post by georgeprosser »

qubodup wrote:Very nice. Love the minimalism.

It gets boring quick. I think the easiest first measure to prolong interest is to add music.

http://youtu.be/ADGRBwNcWqA

Thanks for playing, seems like it started off a bit easy for you. If you can find the save file in the Love save directory then you can modify it to skip some of the levels. (The last ones get really hard)
Guard13007
Party member

Post by Guard13007 »

georgeprosser wrote:Woah how did you get it running on Android?!
Probably by setting up the Android port of LOVE with code extracted from your distributable.

On a completely unrelated note, I FOUND YOU! :D (I was trying to find a way to contact you from stumbling on your Itch.io page and you don't have any profile info so I ended up searching your name and all I got was obituaries for someone else with the same name from 2007.)

I wanted to ask, how okay are you with people screwing around with your code? I was thinking about messing with it to see how you did things, maybe add in my own levels or ideas or something. Of course, I won't release anything without your permission, but I figured I'd see how you respond before doing anything with it.

(And in another completely unrelated turn of events, I made a video about your game for my YouTube channel, which will publish in about 6.45 hours. Also loved Artifical Immunity, although I'm guessing I'll find another thread for that somewhere on here.)
georgeprosser
Citizen

Post by georgeprosser »

Guard13007 wrote:
georgeprosser wrote:Woah how did you get it running on Android?!
Probably by setting up the Android port of LOVE with code extracted from your distributable.

On a completely unrelated note, I FOUND YOU! :D (I was trying to find a way to contact you from stumbling on your Itch.io page and you don't have any profile info so I ended up searching your name and all I got was obituaries for someone else with the same name from 2007.)

I wanted to ask, how okay are you with people screwing around with your code? I was thinking about messing with it to see how you did things, maybe add in my own levels or ideas or something. Of course, I won't release anything without your permission, but I figured I'd see how you respond before doing anything with it.

(And in another completely unrelated turn of events, I made a video about your game for my YouTube channel, which will publish in about 6.45 hours. Also loved Artifical Immunity, although I'm guessing I'll find another thread for that somewhere on here.)
Haha, well done on finding me.

The game's open source so obviously you can do what you like with it, but if you want to release it then I do have a handful of restrictions:
  • Feel free to use ALL OF THE CODE.
  • I'm totally cool with you using SOME OF THE ASSETS, so long as the final game is not going to be confused with the existing one. To do that I think you ought to CHANGE THE COLOR SCHEME AND THE LOGO, at the very minimum.
  • Similarly, NAME IT WHAT YOU LIKE SO LONG AS IT CAN'T BE CONFUSED WITH THE ORIGINAL. Cu64 might be confused with Cu63, but "Cu63: Remixed" is fine.
  • Please DON'T USE ANY OF THE ORIGINAL LEVELS in the game (obviously if you come up with a level by yourself and it's very similar to or identical to an existing one, that's fine just use it anyway).
  • RELEASE IT WHEREVER you like, but it should be FREE (no payment allowed - the original game has payment disabled too).
  • In terms of CREDIT just say something like "this game is a modified version of Cu63" with a link to the itch.io page.
And of course I can't actually hold you to these, you're just being nice :-)