Share On Phone??

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
-Bangester-
Prole

Share On Phone??

Post by -Bangester- »

So I Know how to share a game in Windows, But is it possible On a Phone ???
If So Please explain to me in a VERY beginner Way Or direct me to a video or wiki. :cool:
duaner
Prole

Re: Share On Phone??

Post by duaner »

The easiest way to share games on android is still to give people the .love zip file of your project and have them open it with the generic love for android application from the love site. This may not work on every phone, but it still works with the most recent android. The only caveat is that they have to have a file browser on their phone and know how to use it to find the .love file.

If you want to make an actual application that they can install, the wiki is fairly easy to follow.
-Bangester-
Prole

Post by -Bangester- »

so if I follow it what will it give me? an app on the Apple store ??
-Bangester-
Prole

Post by -Bangester- »

And the wiki u sent me is only for computers right?
duaner
Prole

Post by duaner »

I've never used anything apple before, but the wiki covers building the application files for android and ios. Once you have the installable file, you'll have to follow the instructions from the stores (and pay them) if you want to use them. The process is the same for putting anything up there.
Nikki
Citizen

Post by Nikki »

If you follow the wiki you will get an app on YOUR iPhone, not on the app store.

For an app on the app store you'll need to follow a few more steps after that, (get an apple developer account, codesign, verify your binary, get app approved, possibly make website and privacy statements) all of these steps are well documented though, but somehow that is a bit of an issue I gather ?

Anyway for starters, you have an iphone/ipad and a mac? do you have xcode installed?
that is like the beginning, then you can follow the wiki to build for iOS, you can even google for something like 'love2d iOS' ad find a youtube video thats guides you to the same steps : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsYanwcU42E

have fun with it!
-Bangester-
Prole

Post by -Bangester- »

So Brother, I'm using Android, can u direct me to an Android video?
Andlac028
Party member

Post by Andlac028 »

Based on your post in another thread:
This is like the 4th forum iv typed, but no good answer =( ...
I MADE A GAME, AND I WANT TO SHARE IT ON A PHONE, NOT A COMPUTER
1. IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?
2. SHOW ME EXACTLY HOW.
3. ONLY ANSWER IF YOUV DONE IT BEFORE OR IF U KNOW HOW.
4. I WANT IT TO BE ON A PHONE, SO I CAN SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY.
5. PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME EXACTLY HOW, LIKE SHOW ME OR SEND ME A VIDEO BUT TRY IT FIRST.

EDIT: THE REASON IM SAYING ALL THIS IS THAT I SEARCHED SOO MUCH FOR A SOLUTION BUT DIDINT COME TO NOTHING

(IM A VERY NOOB) :brows:
Yes, is is possible. Either you just install LÖVE2D from Google Play and put your game onto specific folder (see Getting Started on wiki) as you said, it is for your relatives and friends, or go the harder way and compile your game to .apk (or .aab), and either publish it to Google Play, or share it as is, but then, you will have to disable .apk signature checking in settings. For how to build .apk or .aab, see Game Distribution on wiki.

If you will have any troubles, just describe you problem and someone will help you. (you said, you have searched so much for a solution, but did you looked at wikis front page, where there are links for Game distribution and Getting started guides?)