Not being able to do stuff

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
BruhishMomento
Prole

Not being able to do stuff

Post by BruhishMomento »

So i got love2d watched a guide learn to download VS code and Love2d support and even typed in an example bit of code but everytime i try to start it using the "love." it doesn't work it opens when i do alt+L but i keep getting an error saying i need an app for ms-gamingoverlay link
i have done the steps to get rid of the error but it it doesn't work what should i do
Btw i'm on windows

Update: i'm dumb i just didn't read the getting started Wiki Page close enough
Last edited by BruhishMomento on Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dusoft
Party member

Re: Not being able to do stuff

Post by dusoft »

BruhishMomento wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:57 pm So i got love2d watched a guide learn to download VS code and Love2d support and even typed in an example bit of code but everytime i try to start it using the "love." it doesn't work it opens when i do alt+L but i keep getting an error saying i need an app for ms-gamingoverlay link
i have done the steps to get rid of the error but it it doesn't work what should i do
Btw i'm on windows
Maybe specify more info on how exactly do you run the software, via command line / console, what is the exact output of the console etc.
BruhishMomento
Prole

Post by BruhishMomento »

I run it in VS code with an extension called Love2d support which lets me just use ALt + L or try to run it in the apps built it terminal

It opens when i use Alt + L To show the "Ms-Gamingoverlay Link" Error Message

And when i use the Terminal I get this message:
love. : The term 'love.' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
again.
At line:1 char:1
+ love.
+ ~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (love.:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException
Andlac028
Party member

Post by Andlac028 »

It’s love . not love. (There is space between love and .)

Also make sure, that love is installed and is in your %PATH%